• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman

I guess I’m old school. Some things shouldn’t be for sale. Your school is a part of you, right behind your family on the list of things worth fighting for. You bleed black and gold. You don’t leave her for another, especially one that tries to take her down next season. But in this day and age, self is all that matters.

I guess I’m old school. Some things shouldn’t be for sale. Your school is a part of you, right behind your family on the list of things worth fighting for. You bleed black and gold. You don’t leave her for another, especially one that tries to take her down next season. But in this day and age, self is all that matters.
I’m old school too and in my heart I agree with all that, but that’s not the way it is now and to survive Wake and all the other schools have to adapt. I’m sure that Clawson doesn‘t like the transfer portal and the NIL stuff, in fact I think he’s on record stating that because it hurts Wake more than a lot other programs, but he also knows you‘ve got to adapt. He allowed players that were entering the transfer portal to play if they wanted to in the bowl game, that was a big help in that game. Beamer at SC did not allow players that were leaving to play yesterday and there were some that wanted to play and that may have cost them that game. It‘s fine for old school guys like us to grumble about it, but coaches getting all ”butt hurt” over it isn’t going to help a thing and I think Clawson knows this. I also think Sam does bleed black and gold and he’s given us his full eligibility (not including the Covid year), got his degree and represented Wake Forest as the ”player” face of the program as well as could be asked. He also has a chance to improve his chances of making his dream of an NFL career come true. It may not work out, but he has every right to take that chance. A guy like Cooley has a chance to go somewhere he thinks can feature him more and we know under the current system Wake will not have a “feature“ running back. When he got his chances in the bowl game and all year, it was clear he was giving us his all, can’t ask for more.

Last edited:
I’m old school too and in my heart I agree with all that, but that’s not the way it is now and to survive Wake and all the other schools have to adapt. I’m sure that Clawson doesn‘t like the transfer portal and the NIL stuff, in fact I think he’s on record stating that because it hurts Wake more than a lot other programs, but he also knows you‘ve got to adapt. He allowed players that were entering the transfer portal to play if they wanted to in the bowl game, that was a big help in that game. Beamer at SC did not allow players that were leaving to play yesterday and there were some that wanted to play and that may have coast them that game. It‘s fine for old school guys like us to grumble about it, but coaches getting all ”butt hurt” over it isn’t going to help a thing and I think Clawson knows this. I also think Sam does bleed black and gold and he’s given us his full eligibility (not including the Covid year), got his degree and represented Wake Forest as the ”player” face of the program as well as could be asked. He also has a chance to improve his chances of making his dream of an NFL career come true. It may not work out, but he has every right to take that chance. A guy like Cooley has a chance to go somewhere he thinks can feature him more and we know under the current system Wake will not have a “feature“ running back. When he got his chances in the bowl game and all year, it was clear he was giving us his all, can’t ask for more.
Well said and I agree. I don't fault Sam at all. I mean geez the dude has spent a long time at Wake. I'll always pull for him wherever he goes just like I did Newman. I hope it works out for him.

Well said and I agree. I don't fault Sam at all. I mean geez the dude has spent a long time at Wake. I'll always pull for him wherever he goes just like I did Newman. I hope it works out for him.

It's a lot easier to pull for him if he doesn't go someplace where he is likely to play against Wake. I suspect there would be a lot less angst about Sam to ND if Wake and ND weren't scheduled to play each other next season.

It's a lot easier to pull for him if he doesn't go someplace where he is likely to play against Wake. I suspect there would be a lot less angst about Sam to ND if Wake and ND weren't scheduled to play each other next season.
Sure, but if that his best landing spot, should he not go because of one game?

Sure, but if that his best landing spot, should he not go because of one game?

I'm not saying he shouldn't go there because of the one game. I'm just saying the angst on here about him leaving Wake for another university would be orders of magnitude lower if that school isn't on the Wake 2023 football schedule.

If, say something happened to Caleb Williams and Soutern Cal needed a one year QB, I think many more would be go Sam. Get a Pac 12 championship. Get USC into the CFP. Enjoy that California sunshine!

I'm not saying he shouldn't go there because of the one game. I'm just saying the angst on here about him leaving Wake for another university would be orders of magnitude lower if that school isn't on the Wake 2023 football schedule.

If, say something happened to Caleb Williams and Soutern Cal needed a one year QB, I think many more would be go Sam. Get a Pac 12 championship. Get USC into the CFP. Enjoy that California sunshine!

I hate ND more than I hate USC (and UGA in Newman’s case).

I don’t want to lose sight of the fact that whether you pull for Sam next year or wish more vaccines on him, the biggest takeaways from this thread are:
  • new tripledeac guy is making a late run for worst new poster of 2022
  • thereff has locked up biggest board idiot for the seventh year running

I don’t want to lose sight of the fact that whether you pull for Sam next year or wish more vaccines on him, the biggest takeaways from this thread are:
  • new tripledeac guy is making a late run for worst new poster of 2022
  • thereff has locked up biggest board idiot for the seventh year running
But the board was started 11 years ago

I don’t think Reff is there yet.
Not quite, damn. Better post some stuff about all the idiotic things Biden has done the past two years to ruin this country. Repeat all the lies Biden tells every day about no Covid vaccine being available when he took office. Or the fact he said he ‘has’ cancer thanks to the oil industry. Or when he took office gas price was at $5.00 a gallon. Biden said this year the southern border is secure and that Covid is over. His father encouraged him to give Uncle Frank a Purple Heart when there is no record of him ever receiving one!

The best part is the Washington Post gave Biden the “bottomless Pinocchio”

Stops the pipeline, gas spikes to over $5.00. Inflation spikes to over 8%, over 2,000,000 illegal immigrants enter our country at the Southern Border. Now we are flooded with deadly fentanyl from China and the Mexican cartels. Woke America has taken over along with ‘cancel culture’. Thanks Joe & Kamala, Nancy and Schumer.

Then we can always talk about the inferiority of ACC football. Because except for Clemson most years we have no one else in the Top 10. 😂😂

I hate ND almost as bad as UNC, but I’ll pull for Sam to do well. If he goes there my dream would be for them to go 0-12 averaging 40 points a game.

I’ll pull for Sam to look great and ND to go 0-12, unless they play UNC or Penn State next year. Then, I’ll pull for 1/2-10/11.

Not quite, damn. Better post some stuff about all the idiotic things Biden has done the past two years to ruin this country. Repeat all the lies Biden tells every day about no Covid vaccine being available when he took office. Or the fact he said he ‘has’ cancer thanks to the oil industry. Or when he took office gas price was at $5.00 a gallon. Biden said this year the southern border is secure and that Covid is over. His father encouraged him to give Uncle Frank a Purple Heart when there is no record of him ever receiving one!

Stops the pipeline, gas spikes to over $5.00. Inflation spikes to over 8%, over 2,000,000 illegal immigrants enter our country at the Southern Border. Now we are flooded with deadly fentanyl from China and the Mexican cartels. Woke America has taken over along with ‘cancel culture’. Thanks Joe & Kamala, Nancy and Schumer.

Then we can always talk about the inferiority of ACC football. Because except for Clemson most years we have no one else in the Top 10. 😂😂
You already had the award locked up. Now you are just showing off.

Strong entry. Not leaving that award up to chance.

Back