• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman

I find it interesting that MCCall went back to Coastal. I'm happy he did. I wonder if they paid him well or if he just didn't love the non-guaranteed starter options + NIL packages he had in front of him. prob a bit of both. I would love to hear more "tell all" stories of portal / NIL recruitment.
He’s a recreation major and most of his credits won’t transfer. CCU is a glorified community college.

Have a buddy that did that. He ran a local ymca. Seemed like a fun gig
That’s cool. My institution actually just added a “coaching” minor. The name is ridiculous but it’s primarily Health and Exercise Science classes with some sports psych and stuff like that. Full disclosure, I still voted against it haha.

Seems like a combo of HES and management?

I'm not sure what exact classes he took (friend from high school that went to ecu). But it was definitely common among his peers to work in ymca or town /city parks and recreation. Major Sounds kinda wonky. But..a fun job day to day by most accounts.

Why would his grades matter or why would he care if the credits don't transfer? He isn't a grad transfer and clearly, given the recreation major, he is hoping to get more from his football achievements than his academics anyway. Auburn clearly wouldn't care about his academics either as a one semester rental.

Well now I have to look up what a “recreation” major encompasses.

From the CCU description of the major:
"The [Recreation and Sports Management] RSM program includes several experiential and out of class opportunities which involve engagement with the local community." Also has a 12 credit, one semester, 480 actual hours internship requirement.

Sounds like class credit for NIL activities.

There are no courses listed under the "courses" drop down menu under the description of the major. For comparison, five 300 level courses are listed under the biochemistry major.

Last edited:
From the CCU description of the major:
"The [Recreation and Sports Managem] RSM program includes several experiential and out of class opportunities which involve engagement with the local community." Also has a 12 credit, one semester, 480 actual hours internship requirement.

Sounds like class credit for NIL activities.

There are no courses listed under the "courses" drop down menu under the description of the major. For comparison, five 300 level courses are listed under the biochemistry major.
I actually was the faculty member point person for redoing our department pages in Humanities. This is such a giant red flag.

Maybe he actually wants to graduate since he has put 4 years into that major.

He’s a recreation major and most of his credits won’t transfer. CCU is a glorified community college.
Does anyone really believe a SEC school doesn’t figure out a way to get credits transferred??? Heck I’d guess rec major is tougher than AFAM @ unc? At least he probably had to show up for classes and do his own papers?

Hartman getting big time love on Game day right now. Pollack just said potential Heisman candidate if he goes to ND. Said hos decision likely to come by the end of the week.

Hartman getting big time love on Game day right now. Pollack just said potential Heisman candidate if he goes to ND. Said hos decision likely to come by the end of the week.
1) why would he be a Heisman candidate one place and not another? You’re the same dude (obviously I know the answer to this but it’s dumb). 2) I doubt Pollack knows anything more than anyone else about when Sam’s decision is coming. ESPN didn’t even know Sam was playing in the bowl game. They just talk.

1) why would he be a Heisman candidate one place and not another? You’re the same dude (obviously I know the answer to this but it’s dumb). 2) I doubt Pollack knows anything more than anyone else about when Sam’s decision is coming. ESPN didn’t even know Sam was playing in the bowl game. They just talk.
Agree that Pollock has no clue what Hartman is going to do. With that said, as much as it sucks, the QB at ND has a better chance to win the Heisman than the QB at WF. ND has had 19 players win or finish in the top 3 in the Heisman voting. WF has had zero. Not sure, but I believe Brian Piccolo is the only WF player to finish in the top 10.

Back