• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman

I will say this: everyone in the ACC knows who Sam Hartman is, but now every football fan in the country will. When they show the ACC all time leader in TDs, more people will actually know who it is for a longer period of time.

Last edited:
I actually called a fundraising auction this summer for 2 OSU - ND tickets and prefaced it with "come see the ACC All-Time TD leader from WFU and two other teams play." Mostly because the provider of the tickets was an All-American from ND in the audience.

Y’all, Sam chose to come play at Wake, he got paid to go play at ND. He’s 24, it’s a little awkward to still be at your college at 24. He’s on a 4 month contract at ND. Let it be.
Sam will spend a year at ND. He enrolled in January.

ND’s O-line looked big and powerful yesterday, they have a stable of good RB’s, and Sam looked comfortable when operating from under center. Now that was against Navy’s undersized front. Their schedule looks pretty daunting and will be interesting to watch Sam & Co with the first big test at NC State Sept 9.

Also, Sam doing well at ND only proves that he wasn’t a system QB, that Wake’s offense wasn’t a gimmick, and that Wake develops QB talent.

We know this. What pisses me and many others off is that the narrative doesn't make it this clear. According to NBC, we are just fortunate that by the Grace of God Sam Hartman showed up on our campus. THAT is what people see through.

Last I saw he was already 6th or 7th in Heisman odds.
Actually, my exact prediction was more like Walker would be in Heisman hunt late in the season and Michigan St. in the NT hunt. I was right on both. I think MSU loss to Purdue (9th game) and to OSU (11th game) knocked them both out of the respective discussions. (MSU closed out the regular season beating Penn State before beating Pitt in a bowl.)

Last edited:
We know this. What pisses me and many others off is that the narrative doesn't make it this clear. According to NBC, we are just fortunate that by the Grace of God Sam Hartman showed up on our campus. THAT is what people see through.

I Find truth in these words’

lock in that heisman hype prediction before it starts

I think it would be ridiculous - or at least really awkward - to give the Heisman to a guy playing his 6th year of college football. Just IMO.

Seriously. What kind of message would that send? Stay in school, get your degree, make the most of your time in college?

Seriously. What kind of message would that send? Stay in school, get your degree, make the most of your time in college?

As a physician, I'm sure you're familiar with the term, "Things are not quite that simplistic."

Last edited:
Back