• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sarah Westwood: Advice From a Lonely College Republican

you wonder if young people that publish shit like this look back on themselves and think something like "boy did i sound dumb"

you wonder if young people that publish shit like this look back on themselves and think something like "boy did i sound dumb"

I hope the Op-ed folks at the freakin' Wall Street Journal are thinking "boy did she sound dumb".

I hope the Op-ed folks at the freakin' Wall Street Journal are thinking "boy did she sound dumb".

i get the wall street journal daily and try to read the majority of it. i NEVER read any of the op-ed section. its one of the worst i have seen (and since its an op-ed section, thats saying something).

Actually everyone who is rich is successful. There isn't a field that rewards mediocrity.

And if you were successful enough in any field you'd be rich. Ask Obama's hero Warren Buffet, he has a theory about it.

Other than academia.

It's a social issue Republicans opposed......

Now who exactly said they wanted to take away the pill or condoms? You sometimes get this stuff in your head and think somebody really said this when Huffpo told you somebody said this. The fact is George Stephanopoulos brought this up as a straw man in a Republican debate and made hay with it. It's ancient history now but it certainly served it's pupose, that's for damn sure.

Does anybody know what she looks like? Because she sounds hot. I get the feeling that maybe she wears a little too much makeup and maybe shes a little chubby (not "chubby chubby", but "chubby for a 19-year-old"), but still a little hot.

What people's positions am I twisting?

People you're saying "hate the rich".

That is no different than you saying:

It's baffling because it's a great straw man conservatives have come up with to demonize people who believe in progressive taxation.

Not everyone who doesn't believe in progressive taxation "demonizes" those who do. It is a disagreement over an economic/tax concept and the impact of that concept on a semi-free market, not an assertion of fault, guilt, or blame on anybody.

Does anybody know what she looks like? Because she sounds hot. I get the feeling that maybe she wears a little too much makeup and maybe shes a little chubby (not "chubby chubby", but "chubby for a 19-year-old"), but still a little hot.

She's right up your alley, Boog. Definitely not your stereotypical college republican though.
tumblr_m4k7v1Sg8s1rwxzmgo1_500.jpg

This thread is evidence of the effects of the news entertainment industry that demonizes anyone and any belief on the other side. Many believe what they hear on these "news" outlets, and many believe that all on the other side believe what the opposing "news" outlet spews. While this is not true for everyone, I believe that the number of sheep is growing, albeit more quickly on the right than on the left.

From the late 1970s on this has been the #1 goal of Roger Ailes. He and Lee Atwater set out to divide and scare our country. That is the purpose of Faux News and Murdoch.

Back