• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sarr

Forbes probably was shocked to see this get so much play. Welcome to P6 basketball.

More like welcome to a world with a 24 hour sports network with no sports. This quote doesn’t get any airtime under normal circumstances.

https://deadspin.com/wake-forest-s-new-basketball-coach-is-already-the-laugh-1843295082

I tweeted this reply to the “author”:

Wake isn’t going to be good next year. Kentucky will be good and had a glaring need for a center. Sarr will be a senior. Pretty flawed logic to come to the conclusion Forbes is a “laughingstock” and can’t recruit based on those premises.

He blocked me. What a turd.
The real "laughingstock" is going to happen when Kentucky loses in the Second Round/Sweet Sixteen and everything comes to naught.

The real "laughingstock" is going to happen when Kentucky loses in the Second Round/Sweet Sixteen and everything comes to naught.

WITH Sarr on the bench in street clothes wondering about his draft stock......

More like welcome to a world with a 24 hour sports network with no sports. This quote doesn’t get any airtime under normal circumstances.

This got more airtime than Manning getting fired or Forbes getting hired.

More people know who WF's new basketball coach is now.

You know what the say about publicity. So, it's all positive.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/29142654/olivier-sarr-transfer-kentucky-wake-forest

A buddy of mine sent this to me...there is a quote at the end that may clear a few things up.

""When we first talked to Olivier, my first thought wasn't on what he does for this team, it was why he wanted to be here. I coached Danny and know his relationship with his players, so when Danny talked about what a great kid he is, we said, 'Let's do this.'""

Cal and Manning talking about pimping out Sarr to UK
Tampering.

Fuck you, Daniel DFL Mannikin

Forbes probably was shocked to see this get so much play. Welcome to P6 basketball.

Forbes spent a combined 10 years as an assistant at Texas A&M, Tennessee and Wichita State. While the last isn't P6, it certainly models itself as such and in his time there, Wichita made a Sweet 16 and entered another NCAAT with a 34-0 record.

He's no stranger to how magnified P6 basketball programs/coaches are.

To the points above about publicity: It's likely he knows exactly what he was doing here.

Forbes spent a combined 10 years as an assistant at Texas A&M, Tennessee and Wichita State. While the last isn't P6, it certainly models itself as such and in his time there, Wichita made a Sweet 16 and entered another NCAAT with a 34-0 record.

To the points above about publicity: It's likely he knows exactly what he was doing here.

What’s your read on Manning’s influence on Sarr’s exit?

My problem is these guys not giving Forbes a shot. If you speak with him and then decide to put your name in the portal, fine. Forbes just was not your cup of tea.

It surprised me that so many players exited without giving Forbes a listen. It seems like they got really bad advice and sabotaged their own careers.

Sarr really screws himself if he does not get the waiver. Chaundee screws himself by sitting out a year and costing himself guaranteed money overseas playing basketball. The rest of them will have to sit a year and gain nothing.

None of that makes sense over waiting 5 days and then making a decision based on what their actual situation would be at Wake.

Sure looks like Manning's last FU. Much like Wellman's last FU. Lot of low character people being employed by Wake.

What’s your read on Manning’s influence on Sarr’s exit?

Still trying to get a handle on it. What I was told about Sarr getting info from undergraduate advisory committee and what he told ESPN doesn't line up.

Honestly would probably only have a story on that if Sarr talks to me. Which seems unlikely at this point.

He hasn't been the face of a P6 program before, I think Forbes had to be shocked at how much attention this got. Same as Sarr being taken aback by how many UK fans invaded his social media.

He hasn't been the face of a P6 program before, I think Forbes had to be shocked at how much attention this got. Same as Sarr being taken aback by how many UK fans invaded his social media.

If he observed Gillespie, Pearl and Marshall as much as he says he did, he wasn't *shocked*.

It's like that saying about what to do on your first day in prison. Go up to the biggest baddest guy and punch him in the face.

Just browsed the UK Rivals board. LMAO. They're reeeeally touchy about the academics comment. Some real pearl-clutchers on there

Keep up the great work Steve! High time our program had a little edginess. Love it.

Just browsed the UK Rivals board. LMAO. They're reeeeally touchy about the academics comment. Some real pearl-clutchers on there

Keep up the great work Steve! High time our program had a little edginess. Love it.

Just like how State fans get sooo butthurt over academics. And they are always super quick to bring up engineering!!!!1one! Of course, none of them were actually, you know, engineering majors.

Back