• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sarr

It would have been fun to watch him come back and play for Wake but don't care that he is leaving as it was not going to make a big difference on the results.

Gone.
0ce93b5fe4c18b834b89780c000c0b51.jpg

We’ve already forgotten you, chief. You are yesterday’s news.
Wish you well.

WF's leading returning scorer is Isiah Mucius 7.3 ppg.

If Neath does not return, the 2021 Deacs will feature only 3 scholarship players that logged minutes this past season:

Mucius 22.8 minutes per game 7.3 ppg
Massoud 12.2 minutes per game 4.8 ppg
Ody Oguama 15 minutes per game 2.9 ppg

WF averaged 73.3 points per game, and will return 15 ppg.

If Neath comes back, he averaged 5.3 ppg.

We don’t care. If that’s is part of the price to be shed of Manning, it is worth every penny.

Wake #27 USN&WR
UK #132

Forbes dropping the hammer and speaking the truth. BOOM goes the dynamite!

I have lots of friends, family, and even a next door neighbor who went to UK. Many great and successful people. Some of these comments are over the top, but I understand where they are coming from.

As far as basketball goes, I have zero respect for that program and Calipari. Tubby was great and I would often root for UK then, but not with Cal. That’s where I would focus.

Agreed. It's a one sport school anyway.

I'm very cynical, but very realistic. I'm wondering whether all of you wishing Sarr well for leaving Wake high and dry are his personal friends ? We do this all the time with the athletes that leave Wake Forest early for their own personal motives, reasons, etc. Why? What for? To be "nice" ? If Sarr was my friend I would have some obligation to support him in his decision to leave. I understand fully how an athlete would decide to do something they feel is right for them. It's the world we live in. But I think it ridiculous, as a fan of Wake Forest, to thank them for leaving without their "committment" to the program fulfilled. This is "correctness" foolishness. Sarr has literally added nothing valuable to Wake Forest basketball in his three years, so it's fine with me if he chooses to leave, but I'm not gonna thank him for it especially if he clearly doesn't think much of his "committment" to Wake Forest. In his three years Wake Forest provided him with the platform and value to all of a sudden make him a target for John Calipari and UK. Boohoo, his coach got fired. But he got so much more from Wake Forest than we got from him. He's worth NOTHING to Wake Forest. Sending out some scripted message about how much he loves Wake to somehow justify his leaving just doesn't make me feel any better about him. Here's hoping Coach Forbes will recruit players that, if they become good players, will want to contribute to Wake Forest Basketball being good again. Put the team on at least an equal priority as themselves. That's what it will take to be good again.

I'm just ready to let go of the stench of the last 10+ years and move on to the Steve Forbes era. If players don't want to play here, then move on. We don't need them. Forbes will get his guys and do great things. Next season will likely be painful but I am confident I will actually see some progress.

All remember Maktar Njai(spelling) saying he would never go to a school that played Wake until he showed up in Chapel Hill a few years later. All those statements from Starr have the value of a bucket of warm spit.

Wake #27 USN&WR
UK #132

Forbes dropping the hammer and speaking the truth. BOOM goes the dynamite!

I doubt Saar knows or would even care about the USNWR rankings. If your ambition is to earn a living as a professional athlete, your academic pedigree means little. Ten years ago, Wake would have been a great place for Saar to finish his college career with an eye on moving to the pros. Given that he has one year left, and given the current state of Wake basketball, he's making a good decision.

As others have posted, this may hurt. But we’ve got to rip off the [name redacted]/DFL bandaid if we are going to get better.

Agreed. It's a one sport school anyway.

It just happens to be the sport Sarr plays. The best thing about his going to UK is that he didn't end up at Duke or FSU. Wake won't be facing him next year.

It just happens to be the sport Sarr plays. The best thing about his going to UK is that he didn't end up at Duke or FSU. Wake won't be facing him next year.

Yeah. And we’d be very excited if we actually did face him.

Well Sarr was a giant pussy with no hops and afraid of the rim for the first 2-1/2 years of his tenure at WFU. Maybe the light switch will flip back off in Lexington. I am fine watching Ody develop next year.

We should have expected this. The French are well known for surrendering from battle.

I doubt Saar knows or would even care about the USNWR rankings. If your ambition is to earn a living as a professional athlete, your academic pedigree means little. Ten years ago, Wake would have been a great place for Saar to finish his college career with an eye on moving to the pros. Given that he has one year left, and given the current state of Wake basketball, he's making a good decision.

As others have posted, this may hurt. But we’ve got to rip off the [name redacted]/DFL bandaid if we are going to get better.

Exactly. Time to give the silly academic comparisons a rest and move on. Focus on 3/4 years guys

Back