• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sarr

Is there a link to the PTI segment on Forbes/KY from today?; I turned on SportsCenter right at the end of it. Don't recall the last time Wake led off PTI; maybe Wakeyleaks.

It's too bad that we have written his go-away check. I'd guess that telling the players to enter the transfer portal if he leaves would be a legitimate "cause" to void his entire contract.

So he has already gotten paid? That is a shame

A lot of people never see 7.5 million dollars in their lives....this loser got it for being the worst person ever in the position he held.

Bomani droppin the MIC!

But he is right. If Sarr does not make it to the league or into a higher end league overseas...his decision today cost him MILLIONS of dollars.

Is a degree from UK seen that much better than a local community college?

Good luck to him; time to move on.

Why can we not discuss something of our choosing? Why do we have to stop talking about something that is actually Wake related just because a select few are not interested in doing so?

It's too bad that we have written his go-away check. I'd guess that telling the players to enter the transfer portal if he leaves would be a legitimate "cause" to void his entire contract.
Oh we have? Then, do tell. What was the amount? Can you post a screenshot of your Skype convo? Thanks!

Millions?

It's a well-known fact that most Wake Forest graduates are worth several million dollars.

Seriously, this is dumb as hell. Sarr is going to be a professional basketball player, and going to Kentucky, given Wake's current situation and given that he has one year of eligibility left, is probably a safer move. I don't like it from a Wake basketball fan perspective, but I understand it.

Bomani droppin the MIC!

But he is right. If Sarr does not make it to the league or into a higher end league overseas...his decision today cost him MILLIONS of dollars.

Is a degree from UK seen that much better than a local community college?

STFU with that kind of stuff. Wake is a great school and way better than UK. That doesn't mean UK isn't a good school. Thousands of people graduate from there every year and become very successful.

It's a well-known fact that most Wake Forest graduates are worth several million dollars.

Seriously, this is dumb as hell. Sarr is going to be a professional basketball player, and going to Kentucky, given Wake's current situation and given that he has one year of eligibility left, is probably a safer move. I don't like it from a Wake basketball fan perspective, but I understand it.

I dont think it is so definite that he makes it to the NBA/stays for that matter...therefore I think his decision to choose KY...while it may be a better situation than wake....might not have been his best option. But I guess we are getting off of Wake by that point so we should stop talking about it.

STFU with that kind of stuff. Wake is a great school and way better than UK. That doesn't mean UK isn't a good school. Thousands of people graduate from there every year and become very successful.

Relax dude...it was a joke. Thousands of people graduate from hundreds of universities every year and do great things with their degree.

My bad, for a year RJ has been telling anyone who would listen Goodman's $18M($15M) numbers were bullshit. And it came true

I dont think it is so definite that he makes it to the NBA/stays for that matter...therefore I think his decision to choose KY...while it may be a better situation than wake....might not have been his best option. But I guess we are getting off of Wake by that point so we should stop talking about it.

There is a lot of money in basketball outside of the NBA, especially for a guy with an EU passport.

I have lots of friends, family, and even a next door neighbor who went to UK. Many great and successful people. Some of these comments are over the top, but I understand where they are coming from.

As far as basketball goes, I have zero respect for that program and Calipari. Tubby was great and I would often root for UK then, but not with Cal. That’s where I would focus.

Back