• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sarr

What if you were heavily invested in a particular major at Wake that was well regarded and the faculty was directly tied to your job after graduating - and the entire faculty was fired. The major remained, but you had no idea who the incoming teachers were or what strings they'd be able to pull for you. You could still care about Wake but transfer to one of the best schools in the country for that particular major and they were offering you a full ride plus some benefits of some kind Wake simply can't match right now.

This isn't like Newman - we yanked the rug out from under Sarr for the betterment of the program. We risked the entire team transferring. We risked Forbes saying no and hiring a nobody. The fans love Forbes but I'm sure our opinions would be a lot different if we all had to bet $20,000 on the W/L record in this one year.

I wouldn't consider myself a "Wake guy" anymore if I transferred, got my degree somewhere else, and the faculty at my new school were the ones who got me a job, were the people in my network, etc.

I don't care if he decides to transfer, but it's just a rather stupid hedge to say "forever a Deacon"

Good luck to Sarr. I do not wish him any ill will. He certainly put up with enough bs to earn an opportunity like this. Selfishly I would prefer he stay and work with Forbes, but I can never fault a kid for looking elsewhere when the coach to whom they committed leaves or is fired.
And I think most of you all are worked up only because it’s a blue blood. If he had picked Wisconsin or some other at-large team, there wouldn’t be all the spitting.

ON what basis does Sarr even petition for a waiver? "They fired my terrible coach?"

Josh Graham is slamming UK and their radio guys today. Good stuff.

So, are we the only program to ever supply the top transfer in the nation for both football AND basketball in the same school year?

I do not wish Sarr any ill will. I do wish plenty of ill will towards KY. Suck it, Big Blue.

As far as the waiver goes... To the extent that the waiver needs to be supported by Wake Forest, so be it...but only after the NCAA approves Wilkin's waiver. (assuming we/he have applied for one.) Twittersphere needs to chill on the "do the right thing, Wake."

So, are we the only program to ever supply the top transfer in the nation for both football AND basketball in the same school year?

And I don't think either leaving makes a difference for Wake. We are going to suck with or without Sarr next season and Hitman is a stud (as long as he's healthy). So I don't think we are affected by either leaving, but it is pretty funny seeing Kentucky, Georgia, and maybe Gonzaga (Chaundee) poach our players.

Sarr leaving makes a difference for WF. If the only standard is making the NCAAs or not, agree that Sarr leaving doesn't make a difference.

However, with Sarr (and Neath) and an ACC that is largely treading water, WF could've approached .500 overall next year, and would've at least made the top tier ACC teams sweat a couple of times. Now, WF is likely to be historically awful. Sarr is the difference from WF being 2-18 without him to 7-13 (maybe even 8-12) with him. The team would have been more interesting to follow. Also, if Sarr had a big year for WF, he may have been a 1st round pick. Always good to have your program develop an NBA player and would make Forbes recruiting pitches a little easier. Now, KY would get the credit if Sarr becomes a 1st round pick.

What if you were heavily invested in a particular major at Wake that was well regarded and the faculty was directly tied to your job after graduating - and the entire faculty was fired. The major remained, but you had no idea who the incoming teachers were or what strings they'd be able to pull for you. You could still care about Wake but transfer to one of the best schools in the country for that particular major and they were offering you a full ride plus some benefits of some kind Wake simply can't match right now.

This isn't like Newman - we yanked the rug out from under Sarr for the betterment of the program. We risked the entire team transferring. We risked Forbes saying no and hiring a nobody. The fans love Forbes but I'm sure our opinions would be a lot different if we all had to bet $20,000 on the W/L record in this one year.

Bad analogy. This is like if you were pre-med and we replaced Dr. Nick from the Simpsons with Dr. Atala. Just because the faculty got replaced doesn't mean they would be worse or less likely to benefit your career.

Back