• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saturday 12/7 at 2PM - Mens BB vs Richmond. Big Game?

Brendan207

Reaction score
At this point in the season I'm pretty happy with a 7-2 record. Losses to Final Four contender Kansas and likely bubble team Tennessee aren't anything that will really hurt us this year. We haven't had any of the BAD non-conference losses that have stricken us in previous seasons. If we can string together a nice run to finish up non-conference plan we'll be in great shape heading into ACC action in January. Richmond is a good team, we've lost to them in each of the past few seasons and they're currently 5-2 with losses to UNC by 10 (in CT) and Minnesota by 15 at home. Richmond is a definite NCAA bubble team (KenPom #61) and will be a solid win for Wake (#89) if we can get it. With Travis McKie hailing from Richmond I'm guessing he'll have a big game in his last appearance vs his hometown college.

Hopefully all of the Wake fans within driving distance will be making this game... 2PM is a perfect start time and obviously tons of tickets are still available directly from Wake. Only $30 for lower corner seats and as cheap as $15 for upper level (I'm sure you can buy those and just move down). Bring your WellmanOut signs but support the team... year has been going well so far!

Click here to buy tickets.... help the Deacs get to 8-2

Also, thanks to MattWFU99 for the link but the game is also free if you bring an new unwrapped toy for a child

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/120513aab.html

Last edited:
At this point in the season I'm pretty happy with a 7-2 record. Losses to Final Four contender Kansas and likely bubble team Tennessee aren't anything that will really hurt us this year. We haven't had any of the BAD non-conference losses that have stricken us in previous seasons. If we can string together a nice run to finish up non-conference plan we'll be in great shape heading into ACC action in January. Richmond is a good team, we've lost to them in each of the past few seasons and they're currently 5-2 with losses to UNC by 10 (in CT) and Minnesota by 15 at home. Richmond is a definite NCAA bubble team (KenPom #61) and will be a solid win for Wake (#89) if we can get it. With Travis McKie hailing from Richmond I'm guessing he'll have a big game in his last appearance vs his hometown college.

Hopefully all of the Wake fans within driving distance will be making this game... 2PM is a perfect start time and obviously tons of tickets are still available directly from Wake. Only $30 for lower corner seats and as cheap as $15 for upper level (I'm sure you can buy those and just move down). Bring your WellmanOut signs but support the team... year has been going well so far!

Click here to buy tickets.... help the Deacs get to 8-2

I will be there with a few. It is a "big" game at this point in the year. It's the kind of win the team has to have if they are going to have a decent season. Hope we can get a big one and finish out the OOC schedule at 10-3 or 11-2 possibly.

Oh no. Really gutting to see that you think that about me. I value your opinion so highly.

I will be there with a few. It is a "big" game at this point in the year. It's the kind of win the team has to have if they are going to have a decent season. Hope we can get a big one and finish out the OOC schedule at 10-3 or 11-2 possibly.

I agree. It's also big because the team doesn't have another game for 10 days after the Richmond game. The pain from a loss would linger with the team for a while.

It's sad that Richmond is considered a 'big game'.

It's sad that Richmond is considered a 'big game'.

Went to Duke/Michigan Tuesday then our game Wed. It is really sad to see where we are. I counted 584 at tip off. I actually counted.

Would love to see these guys get to play with a real Wake crowd going crazy.

Went to Duke/Michigan Tuesday then our game Wed. It is really sad to see where we are. I counted 584 at tip off. I actually counted.

Would love to see these guys get to play with a real Wake crowd going crazy.

Come to think of it maybe we are going crazy.

Is Bz 0-2 or 0-3 against Richmond? I know Richmond has won the last three.

Welcome to the bandwagon. It's a shame this game isn't in the 'new' Robins center. Place is awesome.

WURIWZLPDQCGRHV.20130807201056.jpg

The way Tennessee blew us out makes it a terrible non conference loss. There was a time a loss that embarrassing would set this place off, but now we all just expect it and accept it.

Big game. At least as an illustration of where we are at, and what we can expect for the rest of the season.

The UT game took away any hope I had of us actually being good this year. That was a terrible performance... but can still have a decent season if we win games like Richmond / @ Xavier.

I disagree that UT is a "bubble team"... they'll be going to the NCAAs. Likely a single digit seed, unless they completely underperform this year.

Going into Bzd first game against Richmond:

Wake Forest leads the all-time series with Richmond 38-9. The Deacons have won 17 straight in the series since 1990-91, including seven straight games at the Robins Center. Wake and Richmond are meeting for the 10th time in the past 11 seasons. The Deacons earned a 74-68 overtime win over the Spiders last season in Winston-Salem, as well as an 86-79 win in Richmond in 2008-09.

Back