• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saturday College Football Game Thread

Lulz....how can you say Clemson doesn't deserve a shot, but you have no problem with other one loss schools? Auburn with two losses and one decent win deserves a shot over Clemson? You cray.

We are assuming a loss to Bama for Auburn. If that happens and Clemson still only has one loss, then they should get the nod.
Clemson laying a tremendous egg at home against FSU really hurts their credibility, along with playing in the lame ACC where there are no other good teams to boost your resume.

Pretty sure Clemson beat Georgia and will have a chance to beat SC. And they beat the weak teams handily.

We are assuming a loss to Bama for Auburn. If that happens and Clemson still only has one loss, then they should get the nod.
Clemson laying a tremendous egg at home against FSU really hurts their credibility, along with playing in the lame ACC where there are no other good teams to boost your resume.

Hey, we could have 12 bowl teams (well, really 11, we won't get to 6-6)! Who else can say that?

(Your point still remains)

Last edited:
Lulz....how can you say Clemson doesn't deserve a shot, but you have no problem with other one loss schools? Auburn with two losses and one decent win deserves a shot over Clemson? You cray.

You got face fucked at home.

Discussion over.

You got face fucked at home.

Discussion over.

That's dumb....an 11-1 power conference team whose only loss is to the #2 team in the nation would be in an 8 team playoff, especially with two OOC wins over the mighty SEC.

Discussion over!

That's dumb....an 11-1 power conference team whose only loss is to the #2 team in the nation would be in an 8 team playoff, especially with two OOC wins over the mighty SEC.

Discussion over!

I'd don't think this was directed at me. I was agreeing in my earlier post. A one loss team with wins over Uga and USC should be a go in an 8 team playoff.

Discussion over!

Please post Clemson's impressive wins. Name one.

I'd much rather give Fresno or No. Illinois a shot over a team that has already gotten butt raped by another contender at home.

Please post Clemson's impressive wins. Name one.

I'd much rather give Fresno or No. Illinois a shot over a team that has already gotten butt raped by another contender at home.

You can't be serious? In this scenario, Georgia and South Carolina would be impressive wins. Half of the ACC wins would be as impressive as anyone Fresno or NIU has beaten. Clemson would have a better argument than Stanford and Auburn. If you're filling out 8 playoff spots, I really don't see how you could justify leaving Clemson out. What 8 teams are more deserving? Not sure why I'm even asking, considering you would like to see Fresno or NIU in an 8 team playoff, which is completely absurd.

Going to be closer than that. Auburn may very well lose but they will score more than that. Auburn can't get behind early. They are built to run and mix in the occasional pass. An early deficit could make that tough. The D will need to really step up. If they catch the Bama team that played at Miss St last night it could be a Tiger victory. Never can tell with the Iron Bowl.

A win over this year's UGA team is not an impressive win

Also Clemson doesn't pass the eye test at all. Does anybody outside of Diego believe that Clemson is a Top 8 team?

Didn't think so.

A win over this year's UGA team is not an impressive win

Also Clemson doesn't pass the eye test at all. Does anybody outside of Diego believe that Clemson is a Top 8 team?

Didn't think so.

You mean does anybody outside of Diego, the AP, the coaches, and the BCS believe Clemson is a top 8 team?

Anybody with Clemson's resume would be in an 8 team playoff. There are not 8 better options, and for how much shit the ACC gets, the Big 12 and the Big Ten are huge piles of shit this year as well.

You mean does anybody outside of Diego, the AP, the coaches, and the BCS believe Clemson is a top 8 team?

Anybody with Clemson's resume would be in an 8 team playoff. There are not 8 better options, and for how much shit the ACC gets, the Big 12 and the Big Ten are huge piles of shit this year as well.

Clemson has beaten a mid-of-the-pack SEC team, and?

The ACC sucks this year. I mean it sucks. Virginia Tech and Miami are the #3 and #4 squads and they are fucking garbage.

The Big 12 is a much better conference this season.

Clemson has beaten a mid-of-the-pack SEC team, and?

The ACC sucks this year. I mean it sucks. Virginia Tech and Miami are the #3 and #4 squads and they are fucking garbage.

The Big 12 is a much better conference this season.

Bro, every ranking system we have available puts Clemson in the top 8. Georgia and South Carolina combined with the ACC is absolutely good enough to get into an 8 team playoff if we had one this year.

And what exactly makes the Big 12 "a much better conference" than the ACC? The Big 12 has one impressive team, and I doubt they will even make it through undefeated...

Bro, every ranking system we have available puts Clemson in the top 8. Georgia and South Carolina combined with the ACC is absolutely good enough to get into an 8 team playoff if we had one this year.

And what exactly makes the Big 12 "a much better conference" than the ACC? The Big 12 has one impressive team, and I doubt they will even make it through undefeated...

Ok State is 10 in BCS. Oklahoma is 20. Big 12 is better conference than ACC. Sagarin has Big 12 is ranked 5 in terms of divisions(both SEC and Pac12 divisions higher.) Acc Coastal is 6, ACC Atlantic is 9 behind both Big 10 divisions.

Going to be closer than that. Auburn may very well lose but they will score more than that. Auburn can't get behind early. They are built to run and mix in the occasional pass. An early deficit could make that tough. The D will need to really step up. If they catch the Bama team that played at Miss St last night it could be a Tiger victory. Never can tell with the Iron Bowl.

Auburn gets rolled by 30 and you are going to feel stupid.

Auburn gets rolled by 30 and you are going to feel stupid.

I'll be there watching. I'd be happy to make a friendly wager on that line if you'd like to. I freely admit I'm an Auburn homer. Dad went there, uncle, two cousins. Mom went to Bama. Bama is a tough team. Auburn is no slouch. Auburn will likely lose, but not by 30. And either way, I won't feel stupid. I'll enjoy time with my family and watching the game and hope for an Auburn win.

Back