• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Great Sunday round by Webb. He just started the day a little too far behind and the guy he started behind was named Koepka.

It’s almost like Koepka has another gear when he decides he wants to win.

Until Brooks and Rory made today watchable, I was way more interested in watching the Cuda than the swampass invitational.

Same. And yesterday another recent college grad won the Cuda, Morikawa, who barely lost to Wolff in Minnesota last month. Some really heady stuff by folks who were playing college golf just 2 months ago. If Kupcho continues to play well, I wonder if she'll get consideration for the Solheim Cup. It's not like any other Americans are currently lighting it up on the LPGA tour. It's the rare week when an American is in serious contention.

Looks like she'll earn around $330,000, which will bring her to over $400,000 for the year. That should put her around #30 on the money list, depending on what others on the list in the 25-35 range earned this week.

Does anyone know if that will get Jennifer her card for next season? Seems like coming in T-2 at a major should accomplish such a goal.

Yes locks up her card for next year and also for the fall Asian swing which are limited field events with big purses

Does anyone know if that will get Jennifer her card for next season? Seems like coming in T-2 at a major should accomplish such a goal.

In her post round interview yesterday, I think she said getting her card was one of her goals......and her T-2 did it.
She's had a heck of a run since spring last year. Hope she keeps it going.

PGA Tour changing the cut-line from top 70 and ties to the top 65 and ties.

Starting next year anything less than fully exempt is going to have a much harder time getting starts. They are reducing field sizes to 132 for many events. Guys playing off past champ status especially are going to mostly be frozen out.

Why are they reducing field sizes?

I thought they were just reducing field sizes for “opposite field” events.

That's all I could find when I tried to find the new policy online. As much as the rank-and-file members complain about the "invitational" fields that are already smaller than the normal 156, I can't imagine they would go for an overall across the board field size reduction without putting up a huge fight.

After a great week in France, Jennifer Kupcho is struggling at the British Open

with 9 holes to play she's at +5 and 4 strokes off the projected cut line

After a great week in France, Jennifer Kupcho is struggling at the British Open

with 9 holes to play she's at +5 and 4 strokes off the projected cut line

Wonder if she was one of the players that lost a practice round due to Lexi forgetting her passport in her golf bag.

I know the announcers were touting Woburn having a centralized location and large crowds, but none of the British Opens should be played on anything other than a links course.

I know the announcers were touting Woburn having a centralized location and large crowds, but none of the British Opens should be played on anything other than a links course.

Yep, it's so stupid to see them playing a British Open on a parkland course.

I actually thought the R&A would ONLY schedule a British Open on a links course. Kind of a rule. Maybe that’s just for the men, though.

The women have been at Woburn before, so it apparently is just for the men.

The women have been at Woburn before, so it apparently is just for the men.

I think they’ve played the Senior British on Parkland courses before as well. 100 percent agree, if it is a “British” Open of any sort, it should be on a links course.

Back