• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

I know the announcers were touting Woburn having a centralized location and large crowds, but none of the British Opens should be played on anything other than a links course.

+1. I was considering turning it on just to see play on a British links course. Won't be now.

Two former world number ones lost their PGA Tour cards when they missed the cut at the Wyndham - Martin Kaymer and Luke Donald.

Kaymer is capable of winning majors, but he goes through some long ass droughts as well.

But how about that 20 year old kid from Japan - Shibuno. She's a rookie on the Japanese tour, and this was her 1st tournament outside Japan. Wins the British Open by slamming in an 18-20' putt that would have gone 4-5' by and was high 5ing spectators in between holes. Seems like the Summer of Youth. Shibuno, Morikawa and Wolff winning with Kupcho and Hovland contending.

Kaymer is capable of winning majors, but he goes through some long ass droughts as well.

But how about that 20 year old kid from Japan - Shibuno. She's a rookie on the Japanese tour, and this was her 1st tournament outside Japan. Wins the British Open by slamming in an 18-20' putt that would have gone 4-5' by and was high 5ing spectators in between holes. Seems like the Summer of Youth. Shibuno, Morikawa and Wolff winning with Kupcho and Hovland contending.

I will admit I don’t really follow the women’s tour so much, but may do so more now that Kupcho is out there. I’ve posted before on this thread that IMO there has never been as much incredible young talent on the tour as there is today. So many twenty-somethings winning tournaments.

It's a shame Webb started his round today with a couple of bogeys, but to come back and finish with birdies on 4 of the last 5 holes to finish in 2nd place is pretty strong. His rounds this week were 64,65,65,65. He's hitting it straight, pretty long and his putting has been very good.

Love the way he back doored that solo second. Was that worth $200k or so?

Love the way he back doored that solo second. Was that worth $200k or so?

More than that when you consider Wyndham Rewards and FedEx points.
Also probably secured his place on the presidents cup team.
Overall, a very good day.

So will Bill Haas play in the Korn Ferry finals or just take his chances with conditional status? He got plenty of events to earn his card back this year, and if he plays like he did the last month or so he should take care of business. Hope it works out for him.

So will Bill Haas play in the Korn Ferry finals or just take his chances with conditional status? He got plenty of events to earn his card back this year, and if he plays like he did the last month or so he should take care of business. Hope it works out for him.

I don't know all the rules but if he has nothing to lose by playing in the Korn Finals I see no reason not to. Especially if he gets his card and it allows him to save his exception. Don't think he used that this year did he?

Also, I love that Webb bumped Rahm and Rose down the list and Rose completely off the top 10 costing him $500k. Didn't really understand why those guys at the back end didn't show up and play the Wyndham and it's good to see someone who did (and played well) get rewarded.

Also, I love that Webb bumped Rahm and Rose down the list and Rose completely off the top 10 costing him $500k. Didn't really understand why those guys at the back end didn't show up and play the Wyndham and it's good to see someone who did (and played well) get rewarded.

I don't think Justin Rose is hurting for money. I'm sure they would much rather have the week off, especially someone like Rose who has a family he probably doesn't get to see much during the year. Many of them played the British Open, then the WGC, and will hopefully be playing 3 straight weeks in the playoffs.

Did Rory get the $10M Wyndham bonus despite not playing? edit: Koepka rather?

No harm in playing - can only help his status.

He got the $2 million bonus for finishing in the top spot, the entire bonus pool was $10 million.

Heard some rumors they're going to tweak the wyndham bonus to ensure more players play the last week. Not sure what they can do to get all of the top 10 there, but maybe they can do something like anyone in the top 5 if they win they get the first place payout even if they don't get enough FEC points to actually take over number 1?)

Heard some rumors they're going to tweak the wyndham bonus to ensure more players play the last week. Not sure what they can do to get all of the top 10 there, but maybe they can do something like anyone in the top 5 if they win they get the first place payout even if they don't get enough FEC points to actually take over number 1?)

Next year there will be a week off prior to the Wyndham with the Olympics going on so that may help some. I read an interview with Mark Brazil (tournament director) about a week ago and he was trying to put a positive spin on the field. I think they were definitely disappointed they didn't draw some bigger names to Greensboro.

Back