• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

That was a great shot. Didn’t realize he went to Cal. He’s probably played this course a few times.
And he’s only 23. He’ll be a good one.

I never really followed him until the restart, but he's shown a lot of poise for being only 23. He'll get some majors, be it today or in the future.

I never really followed him until the restart, but he's shown a lot of poise for being only 23. He'll get some majors, be it today or in the future.

I’ll edit my prior comment. ‘He IS a good one’.
What a way to pull away and finish.

and his GF is hawt

Last edited:
I started noticing both Morikawa and Wolff in the 3M tourney last year where they dueled it out to the end. They've both been killing it since turning pro. Morikawa isn't quite a bomber, but he still hits it pretty far and is a consistent ball striker. And he has a level of maturity and golf intelligence that is pretty impressive for his age - reminds me a bit of Speith in that way. And I think this is his 3rd win in about 1 year of playing on the tour, so he doesn't shrink in the moment. And he has a swing that is about as pretty as Oosthuizen's. And seems like a great guy. That hole out followed by that drive to 9' on 16 were damned impressive.

And although I've always liked Tony Finau, watching him on Sundays when he's been in contention has been painful, especially a couple of weeks ago when he wilted against a bunch of no names. But he really played great yesterday, so I hope this is a great confidence boost for him. Also great to see Day back in contention for a major and was impressed with Scheffler's play. And I truly hope that DeChambeau continues to keep the length of his wedges as long as his 7 iron.

PGA Tour 2020 Thread

I got to see Hovland, Wolff and Morikawa during the NCAAs last year. Was a nice benefit of Wake having a good tournament.

I started noticing both Morikawa and Wolff in the 3M tourney last year where they dueled it out to the end. They've both been killing it since turning pro. Morikawa isn't quite a bomber, but he still hits it pretty far and is a consistent ball striker. And he has a level of maturity and golf intelligence that is pretty impressive for his age - reminds me a bit of Speith in that way. And I think this is his 3rd win in about 1 year of playing on the tour, so he doesn't shrink in the moment. And he has a swing that is about as pretty as Oosthuizen's. And seems like a great guy. That hole out followed by that drive to 9' on 16 were damned impressive.

And although I've always liked Tony Finau, watching him on Sundays when he's been in contention has been painful, especially a couple of weeks ago when he wilted against a bunch of no names. But he really played great yesterday, so I hope this is a great confidence boost for him. Also great to see Day back in contention for a major and was impressed with Scheffler's play. And I truly hope that DeChambeau continues to keep the length of his wedges as long as his 7 iron.

Good post. Think the same thing on Speith and Finau too. Tony played really well yesterday, you shoot 66 in the last round of a major in one of the last groups and lose, then you've just got to tip you hat to the guy that wins. I think this will give him a shot of confidence going forward, wouldn't surprise me a bit to see him one of the playoff events.

I'd love to see Speith make a run at the Wyndam this weekend. He shot 67 yesterday, but he's got to figure out how to put 4 rounds together and it will take 4 rounds of averaging 65 to 66 to win at Sedgefield I think.

A couple of other thoughts. I thought the pin placements were a lot more generous yesterday than they had been Saturday. The PGA, unlike the USGA, doesn't mind seeing a few more birdies on the back 9 on Sunday. I thought it was fantastic viewing and drama, at least until Morikawa's drive on 16. And DJ is just a 2nd at the Masters away from completing the career 2nd place grand slam, something that Phil and Louis have accomplished.

A couple of other thoughts. I thought the pin placements were a lot more generous yesterday than they had been Saturday. The PGA, unlike the USGA, doesn't mind seeing a few more birdies on the back 9 on Sunday. I thought it was fantastic viewing and drama, at least until Morikawa's drive on 16. And DJ is just a 2nd at the Masters away from completing the career 2nd place grand slam, something that Phil and Louis have accomplished.

I think he's already there, with a T-2 at last year's Masters.

My bad, forgot about that. Looked it up, and DJ has 16 top 10s in the majors, probablly with many more to come. Tracks like Harding and Bethpage really favor longer hitters.

Anyone ever gotten less from their talent than DJ in majors?

I don't know, there's been some really good players that have played in a bunch of majors and never even sniffed one. DJ has tons of high finishes, so it's not like he's one of these guys that just never hardly shows up in the majors, but yeah it's disappointing he's stuck at one win. He didn't really lose it yesterday, shot -2 starting the day with the lead, but he certainly didn't go out there and win it. I imagine yesterday really stung though after Brook's comments Saturday. Imagine if DJ had won and Brook's shooting that 74.

Last edited:
I agree with Lee and Monty. And Fowler and Finau are on their way, though they lack the win totals Lee and Monty have. OTOH, I don't think DJ should be lumped with those guys. He easily won his 1 US Open, and he had some awful luck on another 2 occasions, not realizing he was in a bunker covered with grass at Whistling Straits and 3 putting on bumpy ass greens that the USGA had murdered at Chambers Bay. And it wasn't like he choked on those 2. He hit 2 brilliant shots at 18 and hit an aggressive putt. And the TV commentators hadn't realized he was in a bunker in the other as well. And speaking of the USGA, someone should tell them that they don't need to trick up Winged Foot next month in order to make it difficult. And speaking of Monty, Winged Foot should be known for his choke more so than Phil's. At least Phil went for glory. Monty chunked a mid iron by 20-30 yards for double to throw it away - 1 of my favorite golf moments ever.

Monty 54 professional wins (7 champions tour), 10 top 10 majors finishes. Westwood 44 professional wins, 19 top 10 majors finishes. No major wins for either. Wow.

Back