• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Some fun pairings in the first couple of days:

Brooks with Shane Lowry and Gary Woodland
Tiger, JT and Rory
Rahmbo, Sergio and Phil
DJ, Spieth and and Justin Rose
Fowler, Adam Scott and DeChamblow

Some fun pairings in the first couple of days:

Brooks with Shane Lowry and Gary Woodland
Tiger, JT and Rory
Rahmbo, Sergio and Phil
DJ, Spieth and and Justin Rose
Fowler, Adam Scott and DeChamblow

Someone was thinking a few pages back that 1 of the majors had an asshole pairing where they put 3 of the most difficult personalities in the same group, so we were expecting to see who got paired with DeChambeau and Reed. So it must not be the PGA that does that. Out of those groups, gimme the Koepka group - like all 3 of those guys.

Are we doing a PGA thingy? Paging Sleepy.

Not going to be able to run the contest as I’m on vacation without access to a computer this week.
I can forward last years Excel spreadsheet to anyonev savvy enough to update it for this year.

Not going to be able to run the contest as I’m on vacation without access to a computer this week.
I can forward last years Excel spreadsheet to anyonev savvy enough to update it for this year.

Look slack-ass, we don't care if you're on vacation or not, these contests must go on. Now, man-up and get it done!

Someone was thinking a few pages back that 1 of the majors had an asshole pairing where they put 3 of the most difficult personalities in the same group, so we were expecting to see who got paired with DeChambeau and Reed. So it must not be the PGA that does that. Out of those groups, gimme the Koepka group - like all 3 of those guys.

Reed is with Kevin Na (who's on my annoying list) and Robert MacIntyre.

Berger, Xander and Steve Stricker would be a fun group to follow.

I don't do excel because I'm old and a technophobe and never had to learn. Can we get an able volunteer?

That was me. It must be the US Open or perhaps the practice was changed after John Feinstein wrote about it in "The Majors."

That was me. It must be the US Open or perhaps the practice was changed after John Feinstein wrote about it in "The Majors."[/QUOTE

]https://canadiangolfer.com/2007/06/14/new-national-post-column-spot-the-prick-pairing-at-the-us-open/

Here's a link to a 2007 article that mentions the practice. Google turns up later articles seem to indicate that the USGA has dropped the practice.

I know Tiger was officially drafted by the Black Delegation, but he is starting to look much more Asian as he ages.

Martin Kaymer sighting at the PGA, leading at -5, watch him win the thing and disappear for six more years.

Martin Kaymer sighting at the PGA, leading at -5, watch him win the thing and disappear for six more years.

He seems like and I've heard he's quite a nice guy, but I just can't root for GolfBot2000. Got a solid programming reboot after missing the cut at the Barracuda last week though for sure.

Back