• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

This is the way he earns a living. It was an unusual situation. He wanted a second opinion. I can’t fault him for that.

Can't stand Bryson but this was a weird situation. If you were playing a normal round without a tournament-style list of local rules, that ball is in bounds. Normally any fence, netting, wall or whatever - all the posts or stakes at or near ground level are points, on the outermost course side, and you connect them with imaginary lines for the OB line. Any part of the ball is in bounds then it's in play. The USGA recommends/requires tournaments to write a local rule for any non-standard OB fencing or walls, and they could have written the local rule to include the smaller fence posts or to ignore them. They wrote it to ignore them and only go by the larger fence posts, but I've definitely played tournaments where they handled it the exact opposite way - in fact it's more common to use the fence, wall, or netting line to determine the entire boundary, particularly where there is curved fencing or netting.

Sure, there's no relief for OB boundaries so he's probably dropping and hacking out of that rough, but it still might have saved him a missed cut.

Also nice to see Jason Day healthy and playing well. Pretty good leaderboard at the top. Palmer has been playing well, and Finau gets a lot of top 5s - he just has issues closing a tourney out. He has Fowler's disease. Rooting for Day or Finau, but I'd put my money on Rahm.

It's a good field at the top - I really wouldn't mind any of the guys up there winning it this week.

This is the problem with watching golf on Thu and Fri. It's all about Bryson. Finau, Koepka, DJ and Rory are all long too, and they're not assholes. I'd like to see more of them.

If I remember my John Feinstein correctly, Bryson, Patrick Reed, and one other un-liked player will be paired in the first 2 rounds of the US Open (although it may be the PGA Championship) that always sets up a particular pairing based on who are the biggest jerks in the field.

If I remember my John Feinstein correctly, Bryson, Patrick Reed, and one other un-liked player will be paired in the first 2 rounds of the US Open (although it may be the PGA Championship) that always sets up a particular pairing based on who are the biggest jerks in the field.

Who'd be the third, Poulter maybe?

With Bryson now you get a guy everyone hates combined with one of the slowest players on tour. Pair him with Koepka and put them on the clock early...

Koepka, J B Holmes, and DeChambeau would be a great pairing.

Yeah watch them bomb one after another. Koepka might have an aneurysm having to play 18 with those two slow players (I believe Holmes is slow too but could be thinking of a different player).

Yeah watch them bomb one after another. Koepka might have an aneurysm having to play 18 with those two slow players (I believe Holmes is slow too but could be thinking of a different player).

Yeah Holmes is slow, but at least he's a likable dude. Kevin Na is slow as well, likable guy as well.

Have you been watching golf lately? I mean, dislike DeChambeau all you want. But it’s kind of hard to be critical of his golf game.

Yea I've been watching. He's been playing great overall. I'm more questioning the impact of his single length clubs on his play (and if added bulk contributed any loss of "feel"). Just saying with how good he's been driving it he "should" be scoring better in my opinion. He's 62nd in Strokes Gained - Approach and 93rd in Strokes gained - Around the green. Both of which are about consistent with where he as last year (as compared from going from #24 to #1 strokes gained off the tee). Also - his proximity to hole is nearly identical to where it was last year but he's closer to the green for his approach.

Guess the answer to my question is it's not his clubs causing problems with wedges/short game and could be related to clubs.

3 words: 18th at Torrey

This is the way he earns a living. It was an unusual situation. He wanted a second opinion. I can’t fault him for that.

My question, not related to the DeChambeau situation, is how did a residential fence get built exactly on the property line separating the residential property from the golf course property? I’ve lived in golf communities in NC and GA and in both instances, residents could not erect a permanent structure, like a fence, within six feet of the golf course.

I heard they put in for the President’s Cup for security.

Zalatoris and Reifers are both in the field for this week's Korn-Ferry tournament and they are in the same group for the first two days. So that is cool.

Drove through Sedgefield yesterday. I hadn't realized how much it's going to suck being so close, yet still not being there.

The course looks to be in spectacular shape & I've started to enjoy that tournament, and the week surrounding it, almost as much as Masters week.

Drove through Sedgefield yesterday. I hadn't realized how much it's going to suck being so close, yet still not being there.

The course looks to be in spectacular shape & I've started to enjoy that tournament, and the week surrounding it, almost as much as Masters week.

Can you not watch from somebody’s back yard.....if you know someone there?

Back