• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

He's being such a douchebag about this. Makes me hate him even more.

If that black metal fence is the OB line, then it’s got to be a local rule. I’ve never seen anything like that. I would not have known than the OB line is post-to-post, as the second rules official explained.

Why would DeChambeau be a douchebag for asking for clarification before accepting the penalty playing his next ball came with?

I would have thought it was post to post, but I really don’t understand why he felt the need to call a 2nd official.

I would have thought it was post to post, but I really don’t understand why he felt the need to call a 2nd official.

This is the way he earns a living. It was an unusual situation. He wanted a second opinion. I can’t fault him for that.

My question, not related to the DeChambeau situation, is how did a residential fence get built exactly on the property line separating the residential property from the golf course property? I’ve lived in golf communities in NC and GA and in both instances, residents could not erect a permanent structure, like a fence, within six feet of the golf course.

"Week in and week out [the rules] are different" - PGA rules official when talking to Bryson.

Earlier on that same hole, Bryson had to ask another player was the rule was about him standing in the hazard after a drop. Jack Nicklous thought he could re-drop, Nick Faldo disagreed, then Bryson blasted it OB and they never went back to that rule question.

IMO, this is a major problem with golf when even professionals don't know the rules. I know the pga has attempted to simplify the rule book, but they need to keep on doing it.

In the span of one hole and a tee shot on the next Bryson did the following:

1. Drove it into a hazard
2. Had to clarify the drop rule with a playing partner
3. Blasted a three wood out of bounds
4. Tapped down a spot prior to dropping his ball from the same spot to improve the lie
5. Dropped the ball from above knee length (which you are not supposed to do)
6. Blasted a three wood out of bounds in basically the same way
7. Blasted a three wood almost out of bounds in basically the same way and narrowly avoided a hazard
8. Appeared to make an off hand comment to a tv camera behind him as he walked up the fairway
9. Sought a rules clarification on an obvious rule
10. Requested a second opinion for a rules clarification on an obvious rule
11. Made a 10
12. His caddy intentionally blocked a tv camera guy from taping Bryson while walking up the fairway after his tee shot on the next hole

You can rest assured the PGA will call him in for a meeting and I think Bryson should probably take a week or two off to get his shit together. He's a petulant asshole.

4. Tapped down a spot prior to dropping his ball from the same spot to improve the lie
7. Blasted a three wood almost out of bounds in basically the same way and narrowly avoided a hazard
8. Appeared to make an off hand comment to a tv camera behind him as he walked up the fairway
11. Made a 10
12. His caddy intentionally blocked a tv camera guy from taping Bryson while walking up the fairway after his tee shot on the next hole

You can rest assured the PGA will call him in for a meeting and I think Bryson should probably take a week or two off to get his shit together. He's a petulant asshole.[/QUOTE]

Yep

11. Made a 10

You can rest assured the PGA will call him in for a meeting and I think Bryson should probably take a week or two off to get his shit together. He's a petulant asshole.

I’ll be interested in the outcome of the meeting between Bryson and the Tour regarding this incident. Please post as soon as you have that info.

God Bryson is positively insufferable. Not to mention fragile.

Also get rid of that hat bro you look like an absolute tool.

BrysonFence.jpg

Provided that picture is not misleading in some way, I’m not sure how 1- anyone could think it wasn’t OB and 2- they could’ve played a shot?

BrysonFence.jpg

Provided that picture is not misleading in some way, I’m not sure how 1- anyone could think it wasn’t OB and 2- they could’ve played a shot?

Assuming it was in bounds he could take an unplayable lie and be much better off than taking stroke and distance penalty for OB

Assuming it was in bounds he could take an unplayable lie and be much better off than taking stroke and distance penalty for OB

Right, I know that, but they kept saying he was “wanting to jump the fence and hit a shot?”

DeChambeau said. "I was wondering if I could hop the fence and hit it?"

I’m surprised he didn’t just want to rip it out of the ground with his new super human strength and all.

Last edited:
I have no problem with him asking for a 2nd official for the rule clarification, nor do I have a problem with his caddy blocking the camera - that's just good caddying by protecting his pro. That said, his Tin Cup routine put a big smile on my face. He is the tour's biggest douche since Monty.

Also nice to see Jason Day healthy and playing well. Pretty good leaderboard at the top. Palmer has been playing well, and Finau gets a lot of top 5s - he just has issues closing a tourney out. He has Fowler's disease. Rooting for Day or Finau, but I'd put my money on Rahm.

I’ll be interested in the outcome of the meeting between Bryson and the Tour regarding this incident. Please post as soon as you have that info.

Undisclosed small fine probably and a “stop being an asshole to the media” chat.

The out of bounds rules official situation was beyond stupid. The ball was plainly OB that’s a basic rule. He knows that. He also griped about getting an unfair ruling like always between the first and second official coming over. The second official was like bro that ball is clearly OB you know the rule.

11. Made a 10

It was electric. The funniest thing I've seen in golf in years. Bryson pulled a TEN CUP

tenor.gif

It was electric. The funniest thing I've seen in golf in years. Bryson pulled a TEN CUP

tenor.gif

“Ten Cup 2- Driving for show”. Starring Bryson DeShamblow as Buff McAvoy, one man’s desire to drive a Par 5 on the PGA Tour, no matter how many balls it takes.

Back