• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

I have no problem with him asking for a 2nd official for the rule clarification, nor do I have a problem with his caddy blocking the camera - that's just good caddying by protecting his pro. That said, his Tin Cup routine put a big smile on my face. He is the tour's biggest douche since Monty.

Agreed. I have no issue with the asking for a second opinion. I don't agree with his comment "They’re giving me a garbage ruling like usual." His confrontation with the camera man a few weeks ago was over the top. I respect his desire to do things differently ie all clubs are the same length. I have grown tired of the whining and some of his outbursts. He's very young and he'll mature with time. With that said not my favorite guy on tour right now.

Agreed. I have no issue with the asking for a second opinion. I don't agree with his comment "They’re giving me a garbage ruling like usual." His confrontation with the camera man a few weeks ago was over the top. I respect his desire to do things differently ie all clubs are the same length. I have grown tired of the whining and some of his outbursts. He's very young and he'll mature with time. With that said not my favorite guy on tour right now.

Lock Sergio Garcia in a room with Bryson and see who comes out the better person:D

From a certain standpoint I admire BD for his work ethic. He has worked really hard to "figure it all out" mathematically. Then he has worked hard to build his strength and increase his swing speed. Now, perhaps he could work on his attitude, interpersonal skills and speed of play.

Dustin Johnson's last 3 rounds on the PGA tour, 80-80-78(par 71), after winning just a few weeks ago.

I like Bryson and don't think he deserves the hate.

Putting him in the same category with Reed, who is a horrible human, just isn't fair.

I like Bryson and don't think he deserves the hate.

Putting him in the same category with Reed, who is a horrible human, just isn't fair.

yeah, I agree. I think Bryson is just "odd" or different. And he's not great socially. I think that might be because if the way his mind works - he's making everything in his head into a math equation that has to solve.

yeah, I agree. I think Bryson is just "odd" or different. And he's not great socially. I think that might be because if the way his mind works - he's making everything in his head into a math equation that has to solve.

Maybe he is on the spectrum or something, I don't know. But he's the slowest player on the tour, treats other people poorly and is the biggest whiner, so screw him. So yeah, he's somewhere between Patrick Reed and Ian Poulter in my book.

I watched most of the final round this past Sunday, and I didn't know most of the names on the leaderboard. The only household names were Finau, Wolff and Schwartzel. And Finau had another not particularly good Sunday. I root for him, but he really can't finish off a tournament, and his putter gets balky when he's in contention.

Also watched a little of the Newcastle course. The Euro events don't have great fields or purses now, but they're playing at some cool courses. They have Celtic Manor, the Belfry and Valderrama coming up in the next few weeks, all past RC venues.

The Fed Ex St.Jude has the potential for a massive playoff. Five tied at the top and three guys one back.

What happens a lot in a situation like this is seven of them will finish lumped together and one of them will do something heroic on 17 and 18 to win it.

Rooting for a six man playoff, though.

The Fed Ex St.Jude has the potential for a massive playoff. Five tied at the top and three guys one back.

What happens a lot in a situation like this is seven of them will finish lumped together and one of them will do something heroic on 17 and 18 to win it.

Rooting for a six man playoff, though.

Nope, everybody faltered except for JT.

Nice to see/hear some fans on the last few holes; apparently the PGA decided to allow homeowners and members to congregate with appropriate social distancing.

Correct spelling of Tesori

Webb made a nice run on the back nine today but he obviously did not like the 18th hole, playing it +4 for the tournament. Still #2 in FedEx standings despite playing in just 9 events this season compared to 13 for #1 Thomas. Sounds like Tesori’s back issues will prevent him from being on the bag at next week’s PGA Championship.

Last edited:
Webb misses his caddie. I heard a commentator on PGA network in predicting contenders for the PGA Championship say that he thought Webb was the 3rd best player in the world. That is saying a lot with the talent on tour at present.

I watched portions of the St Jude and saw Webb hit 3 fairway metals from around 230 or so to inside 10 feet. That is uncanny.

BTW, I think the double on 18 on Saturday killed his chances. I follow Webb fairly closely and it is concerning how often he bogies or worse the last hole of a round. I don't know if he loses concentration or what. Not a good trend.

Webb misses his caddie. I heard a commentator on PGA network in predicting contenders for the PGA Championship say that he thought Webb was the 3rd best player in the world. That is saying a lot with the talent on tour at present.

I watched portions of the St Jude and saw Webb hit 3 fairway metals from around 230 or so to inside 10 feet. That is uncanny.

BTW, I think the double on 18 on Saturday killed his chances. I follow Webb fairly closely and it is concerning how often he bogies or worse the last hole of a round. I don't know if he loses concentration or what. Not a good trend.

Yeah. That double bogey on 18 hurt. He had just gone birdie, birdie, eagle and jumped up to 5th place with momentum.
He didn’t get the mo back on Sunday.

Anybody got any insight on what Phil and Bone's relationship is like after they split? A guy on PGA tour radio said it felt pretty icy out on the course yesterday, but also said that may just have been everybody going about their business trying to win a golf tournament.

Anybody got any insight on what Phil and Bone's relationship is like after they split? A guy on PGA tour radio said it felt pretty icy out on the course yesterday, but also said that may just have been everybody going about their business trying to win a golf tournament.

Multiple people saying it was icy. He only came over to JT and Bones on the first tee to mention that he what type of he was playing. Bones just grinned like, "What a douchenozzle." Phil is typically pretty gregarious, so it was an obviously weird dynamic. Having JT win was that much sweeter. Also, first time Bones has been on the bag for the World #1! Hahaha.

Multiple people saying it was icy. He only came over to JT and Bones on the first tee to mention that he what type of he was playing. Bones just grinned like, "What a douchenozzle." Phil is typically pretty gregarious, so it was an obviously weird dynamic. Having JT win was that much sweeter. Also, first time Bones has been on the bag for the World #1! Hahaha.

That's funny. Enjoyed the tournament even though Memphis isn't my favorite venue - it had a great field. And it was nice to see Koepka playing well before a major. He lost it going for an aggressive tee shot on 18 - he's got to be happier with the state of his game. And after getting a bad break on that awful lie in the bunker, JT got 1 of the biggest breaks ever on that hooked tee shot ending up 50 yards from the green. That ended up being at least a 2 shot swing. But I like JT so good for him.

Was turning back and forth between that and the 1st women's tourney back because it was at Inverness. I had no memories of what the course was like because it hasn't hosted a major in like 30 years. Classic old Ross design with tough greens - I liked it. And they're playing the Solheim Cup there next year, so it's nice to see them getting a great old venue for an event like that. Kupcho made the cut but faded after the 1st day. Nice to see Kang hold on to get the win, though you can probably put an asterisk beside any wins before the South Korean contingent returns to the tour.

Back