• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Same here. When I found out the tee times had been moved up, I made a point of staying off the internet or any t.v. stuff that might show the final result until the network broadcast came on. So I turn CBS on a few minutes after 3 p.m., and here's Kisner putting for the win. Would be interesting to see how much viewership dropped off after they went ahead and took all the suspense out of the room.

live-streaming (even through an app) > attempting to watch a delayed network broadcast without spoilers.

... did the Olympics teach us nothing?

Yeah, I wish I had realized this earlier and also that it would be on CBS instead of Golf channel or some streaming service.

You misspelled COVID.

But 30 year old professional athletes get double pneumonia requiring multi-day hospital stays all the time, right? I'm sure one of the most common COVID-related illnesses with the most common COVID-related complication has nothing to do with Reed being a Trumper jackass.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Reed-style response to this will be to just straight-up lie and say it wasn't COVID though.

But 30 year old professional athletes get double pneumonia requiring multi-day hospital stays all the time, right? I'm sure one of the most common COVID-related illnesses with the most common COVID-related complication has nothing to do with Reed being a Trumper jackass.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Reed-style response to this will be to just straight-up lie and say it wasn't COVID though.

In a way this sucks for Webb Simpson as well, since one justification for him making the Ryder Cup team was to babysit Reed.

Still think Webb makes it. I'd go with him and Scheffler over Berger. But this is an extremely convenient way to get rid of 1 headache in Reed. Now they just have 2 others in DeChambeau and Koepka.

And I was happy to see Finau finish off a tournament - he seems to be a really good guy, just usually has a leaky short game on Sundays.

Speaking of assholes, I happened to throw on that senior tour event for the last few holes. Really enjoyed watching Colin Montgomerie stage another total collapse down the stretch in a tournament he cared about. He looked completely miserable - fat as hell, jawing with multiple fans, trying to find security guards to get a guy thrown out, pointing at people and sneering. Good stuff.

The 2nd playoff event this week is at Caves Valley outside Baltimore. I walked it when the LPGA played the Royal Crown there a few years ago - followed the hot Spanish team. Very attractive course with a lot of elevation changes and will be good watching. And speaking of elevation changes, the Euros are at that gorgeous Crans sur Montana course in Switzerland for your a.m. viewing. Damo, have you played Caves?

The 2nd playoff event this week is at Caves Valley outside Baltimore. I walked it when the LPGA played the Royal Crown there a few years ago - followed the hot Spanish team. Very attractive course with a lot of elevation changes and will be good watching. And speaking of elevation changes, the Euros are at that gorgeous Crans sur Montana course in Switzerland for your a.m. viewing. Damo, have you played Caves?

Not yet. Walked it yesterday with my kids. Beautiful place. There will be a ton of birdies early, but it's a tough finish. Some of the guys were barely reaching the fairway on the Par 5 16th into the wind (It's like a 250 carry to get there). 17 is a shortish par 3 and 18 is a great finish. The city of Baltimore is buzzing with all of the guys in town. First PGA Tour event here in almost 60 years. But its gonna be pretty hot - 95 or so just about every day.

DeChambeau just missed a 6 footer on 18 for 59. Still shot 60, and is tied for the lead the BMW.

Cantlay can match his 60 with birdies on the last 2 holes....this course is giving up a ton of low numbers in the first two rounds.

Back