• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

PGA golfers tend to outkick their coverage the majority of the time.

My wife made the comment that she was way more attractive than him on Sunday and I pointed out that he had just made $15MM playing golf.

Ryder Cup Team Roster

Automatic Qualifiers: Collin Morikawa, Bryson DeChambeau, Justin Thomas, Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka, and Patrick Cantlay.

Captain's Picks: Tony Finau, Xander Schauffele, Jordan Spieth, Harris English, Daniel Berger, and Scottie Scheffler

Captain Steve Stricker says he personally five or six guys to inform they were not selected, which would probably include some combination of: Patrick Reed (pneumonia sufferer), Sam Burns, Kevin Na, Jason Kokrak, Billy Horschel, Webb Simpson, Kevin Kisner, and Phil Mickelson

Lastly, Brooks Koepka has a sore wrist and my need to be replaced.

I wanted Webb to be on there, but on 2nd thought, that's probably not the greatest course for him. So who do you pair with DeChambeau? Maybe Finau?

Scheffler is an interesting pick. He's never won a PGA event. Would be curious if any previous Captain's pick had not won a PGA event. That said, Scheffler has been solid all year with 3 top 10s in majors

Scheffler is an interesting pick. He's never won a PGA event. Would be curious if any previous Captain's pick had not won a PGA event. That said, Scheffler has been solid all year with 3 top 10s in majors

Finished second in the Austin match play event earlier this year, fwiw.

Finished second in the Austin match play event earlier this year, fwiw.

And he's contended in majors and is long, which should help on a big course. He was the easiest pick of the last 3. He'd be a good pair with BK in alternate shot - they wouldn't miss many greens.

thank god stricker actually made good picks and resisted terrible fits like Na and Kisner

Rickie had not won when he got a captains pick the first time.

If they replace Brooks with Reed I'm going to be very sad.

Will Z wins PGA ROY. Kudos!

Incredibly, the first tour event of the 2021-22 season starts this Thursday in Napa (The Fortinet Championship). Hard to believe, but even though he just played in the Fed Ex playoffs and the Ryder Cup is coming up. Jon Rahm is entered in this weekend's event. He's the only Ryder Cup player participating. Mickelson, who may be a co-captain, is playing. Webb, Will Z and Haas (guess that means that Haas got his card for this season) are all playing. Funny how the PGA Tour takes a week off before starting the new season.

Last edited:
Sam Burns would be better but I'd be good with Horschel. He's annoying but if it's against the Europeans then at least it's entertaining.

I strongly dislike Horschel and can't imagine he has any friends.

I strongly dislike Horschel and can't imagine he has any friends.

Who cares if he's likeable or not, as long as he kicks some Euro ass. I like a lot of the Euro players, but that doesn't mean I don't want to see them get embarrassed in the Ryder Cup.

Last edited:
I've never been a Horschel fan, but let's not pretend he's in the same class as Reed and DeChambeau.

Back