• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Man, the Bryson side interview today was just so fantastic. So obviously the LIV guys have been drilled on some talking points, and the top one seems to be something about having more time to do things away from golf like spending time with your family or doing, like, other stuff or whatever.

So Bryson gets re-asked the "why LIV tour" question outside the press tent and just trots out the "I can spend more time with my wife and kids" line he's been primed with, but then he realizes he doesn't have any kids and is married to a classic future ex-wife. So in a moment of panic he's like "I mean I don't have a family but when I do someday then it'll be helpful." Then he doubles down with "But I want to be able to choose my own schedule and the LIV Tour lets me play as much as I want while pursuing other things."

Then the (very awesome) interviewer asks if he wants to play on the PGA Tour again, and Bryson does the smirk asshole "gotcha" look thing and says something about how if they will simply allow him to play like everyone else it would be his greatest honor to return.

To which of course the interviewer is like, uh, if the best thing about the LIV Tour is not having to play anything other than their short season and I'm assuming the majors, why would you lobby to play more tournaments on the PGA Tour?

And then you could literally see his brain glitch and he just said something like "I'd be honored, I'd be honored" and speed-walked away from more questions. Good times.

This is FANTASTIC! Thanks for posting DC

Man, the Bryson side interview today was just so fantastic. So obviously the LIV guys have been drilled on some talking points, and the top one seems to be something about having more time to do things away from golf like spending time with your family or doing, like, other stuff or whatever.

So Bryson gets re-asked the "why LIV tour" question outside the press tent and just trots out the "I can spend more time with my wife and kids" line he's been primed with, but then he realizes he doesn't have any kids and is married to a classic future ex-wife. So in a moment of panic he's like "I mean I don't have a family but when I do someday then it'll be helpful." Then he doubles down with "But I want to be able to choose my own schedule and the LIV Tour lets me play as much as I want while pursuing other things."

Then the (very awesome) interviewer asks if he wants to play on the PGA Tour again, and Bryson does the smirk asshole "gotcha" look thing and says something about how if they will simply allow him to play like everyone else it would be his greatest honor to return.

To which of course the interviewer is like, uh, if the best thing about the LIV Tour is not having to play anything other than their short season and I'm assuming the majors, why would you lobby to play more tournaments on the PGA Tour?

And then you could literally see his brain glitch and he just said something like "I'd be honored, I'd be honored" and speed-walked away from more questions. Good times.

Yeah that sounds like Bryson, always thinks he's smarter and more clever then everyone else when in reality he's just full of shit. I was not surprised at all when he decided to join LIV.

Rumors are that HV3 and Bubba will be among the next group to jump to LIV. Hope that is wrong about Varner as he would be the first golfer that I would be disappointed to see the PGAT lose.

Bubba was the surest thing to jump out of anyone so far. Never a doubt he would go. He, Phil, and Bryson are all in a fight for least popular player on the PGA Tour. Those 3 are miles ahead of anyone else.

Damn this LIV is cleaning the PGA Tour of all the dicks.

Rumors are that HV3 and Bubba will be among the next group to jump to LIV. Hope that is wrong about Varner as he would be the first golfer that I would be disappointed to see the PGAT lose.

I'm disappointed and disapprove of any young golfer or anyone in their prime going to the LIV. All those guys are just about the $$ and don't care as much about the game. But yeah, I'd be more disappointed if Varner left because he comes across as a very likeable guy, as opposed to Bubba, Bryson and Fatrick.

HV3 has been on or near the lead in the final round numerous times on the PGA tour and has yet to close the deal. And often when on the Sunday leaderboard, he has become a non-factor before making the turn, which seems more along the lines of not yet figuring out how to bring your A game to the 1st tee vs. choking. His life/his call, but you'd think he'd want to get over that Sunday hump for legacy reasons prior to making that jump. I know some of the guys in Gastonia who have supported him from the beginning who I think would feel the same way and be disappointed if he left the PGA tour, but they'll still be in his corner.

rumor was that Varner was waiting to see what happened with OWGR.

Bubba was already in promotional activations that LIV put out (Matthew Wolff also)

interested to see how taylormade handles wolff and DJ in their promos - they've been doing all those "group" promos with morikawa, rory, etc.

The silence from the Euro tour is deafening. It just reeks of back room dealings going on right now between them and LIV.

Edited to add: just read DP world tour and PGA tour may be in negotiations about something. Either way the European tour is wisely using this situation to their advantage.

Edited to add again: Now I just read something that says the Saudi PIF is looking to just buy the DP world tour outright. So, in sum, I have no clue what’s going on.

Last edited:
Wolff has played terrible in 2022. He's probably feeling a little desperate.

Yeah, he was an instant hit, but he has disappeared in a Fowleresque kinda way over the last year plus.

As a fan of the DP, I hope they work something out with the PGA and issue a similar ban. Make the LIV dudes earn miniscule ranking points in Asian Tour events.

Wolff has played terrible in 2022. He's probably feeling a little desperate.

Matthew Wolff has played in 12 PGA Events in 2022, and has made 3 cuts (top 65 make the cut), of those three events where Wolff made the cut he has finished 25th, 61st and 64th. He better take the LIV offer now because he won't be on any tour if he keeps up those performances.

Do you think Jesus is cool with Bubba promoting himself as Christian to any reporter with a microphone, then jumping to the LIV Tour to promote and support an Islamic Fascist monarchy that enforces Sharia law and does not allow freedom of religion?

If Bubba wins one of these exhibitions and thanks Jesus while under contract with LIV, will he be arrested if he visits Saudi Arabia? Maybe we'll never hear the J-word out of his mouth again? Really looking forward to his "it's not about the money" bullshit on this one.

I've never wanted to be a reporter for the PGA Tour more than right now.

"Bubba, has your team instructed you on 'illicit mingling' while you're in Saudi Arabia? And as a follow-up, what is your message to the 132 men and women currently imprisoned in Saudi Arabia for participating in private Christian prayer?
Which of the two options for their treatment are you most in favor of, execution or deportation plus seizing all assets for the Saudi government?"

Varner is from Gastonia. Nobody from there has a lick of sense or morals.

Do you think Jesus is cool with Bubba promoting himself as Christian to any reporter with a microphone, then jumping to the LIV Tour to promote and support an Islamic Fascist monarchy that enforces Sharia law and does not allow freedom of religion?

If Bubba wins one of these exhibitions and thanks Jesus while under contract with LIV, will he be arrested if he visits Saudi Arabia? Maybe we'll never hear the J-word out of his mouth again? Really looking forward to his "it's not about the money" bullshit on this one.

Christian is too broad a term. Bubba is more specifically a white evangelical. The overwhelming majority of white evangelicals are Trump supporting Pubs. Trump was overly friendly with and uncritical of the MBS regime, so why should white evangelicals be concerned with the source of LIV tour funding? That said, there is certainly an inconsistency with that line of thinking because these are the same people who are terrified of Muslims trying to establish sharia law here.

Remember when James Worthy got arrested for soliciting prostitutes ?

I've never wanted to be a reporter for the PGA Tour more than right now.

"Bubba, has your team instructed you on 'illicit mingling' while you're in Saudi Arabia? And as a follow-up, what is your message to the 132 men and women currently imprisoned in Saudi Arabia for participating in private Christian prayer?
Which of the two options for their treatment are you most in favor of, execution or deportation plus seizing all assets for the Saudi government?"

Dude is on a roll.

Back