• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

anyways - solid first day

should be exciting if rory, JT, rahm, morikawa all stay at the top of the leaderboard

Zalatoris pretty solid day at -1

13 LIV Tour Players in the US Open

13th DJ -1
13th James Piot -1
37th Shaun Norris +1
61st Richard Bland +2
61st Sam Horsfield +2
106th Sergio Garcia +4
106th Talor Gooch +4
122nd Kevin Na +5
131st Branden Grace +6
131st Jinichiro Kozuma +6
140th Mickelson +7
140th Louis Oosthuizen +7
153rd Jed Morgan +12

Two that have declared:

37th Patrick Reed +1
37th Bryson DeChambeau +1

Doesn't scream world class level. Seems like just above Korn Ferry Level.

EDIT ADD, Current Korn Ferry Tour players in the US Open:

2nd MJ Daffue -3
37th Erik Barnes +1
37th Brandon Matthews +1
37th Matt McCarty +1
61st Taylor Montgomery +2
61st Ben Silverman
83rd Sam Stevens +3
83rd Kevin Chappell +3
106th Harry Hall +4
122nd Grayson Murray +5
131st Fran Quinn +6

So, looks like the Korn Ferry players outplayed the LIV players today.

Last edited:
There were rumors swirling around Hovland going to LIV, but when the European press started asking questions, he denied that he plans to jump. That said, others have denied interest and then jumped.

FWIW, wonder why LIV doesn't make a massive offer to Hideki. He's like LeBron in Japan; if he jumped to LIV, golf-mad Japan would be transfixed on that tour. Plus, the LIV Tour already has a financial stake in the Asian Tour and Hideki would be massive draw in those events as that seems the likely landing spot for LIV players who are banned from the PGA or DP Tours, but want to play in more than 8 to 14 events a year. Maybe LIV already made their pitch, and he declined, but Hideki would grab a lot more world-wide attention than the has-been U.S. golfers that LIV has been attracting. Plus Hideki is a Masters Champ which might make it harder for Augusta to ban another former Masters Champ on LIV.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying the venue so far.

I never really cared for Cantley. If he leaves, fuck him too. I can't see those other top guys leaving, although I get Pilch's point about Matsuyama. Though I'd add we don't have a definitive decision by the DP yet.

There were rumors swirling around Hovland going to LIV, but when the European press started asking questions, he denied that he plans to jump. That said, others have denied interest and then jumped.

FWIW, wonder why LIV doesn't make a massive offer to Hideki. He's like LeBron in Japan; if he jumped to LIV, gold-mad Japan would be transfixed on that tour. Plus, the LIV Tour already has a financial stake in the Asian Tour and Hideki would be massive draw in those events as that seems the likely landing spot for LIV players who are banned from the PGA or DP Tours, but want to play in more than 8 to 14 events a year. Maybe LIV already made their pitch, and he declined, but Hideki would grab a lot more world-wide attention than the has-been U.S. golfers that LIV has been attracting. Plus Hideki is a Masters Champ which might make it harder for Augusta to ban another former Masters Champ on LIV.

I'd hate to see that happen. I followed him one year at Bay Hill and really like his game and how he conducts himself.

Last edited:
Scheffler making a move today. #1 player in the world, but he isn't perceived that way. That would change with a 2nd major in 2022.

Scheffler making a move today. #1 player in the world, but he isn't perceived that way. That would change with a 2nd major in 2022.

Dude came out a couple years ago with a bunch of top 10s, and now he's winning tournaments in bunches along with his 1st major. He's easily #1 and has already wrapped up POY in all likelihood. He doesn't have any weaknesses. Is solid tee to green and is long, has nice touch around the greens and is a solid putter. He reminds me a lot of Rahm before Rahm developed his putting woes this year. He also has a great temperment and demeanor - isn't fazed by anything. I like that he almost won in Fort Worth with his B game, losing in a playoff to Burns and being gracious in defeat.

I guess I'd appreciate the LIV Tour just a tiny bit if it forced more 4k coverage of PGA events and ended the "playing through" crap.

YTTV has both the Featured Groups and Featured Holes feeds in 4k, and minus the dead air they're so much better than the network feeds.

FWIW, wonder why LIV doesn't make a massive offer to Hideki. He's like LeBron in Japan; if he jumped to LIV, golf-mad Japan would be transfixed on that tour. Plus, the LIV Tour already has a financial stake in the Asian Tour and Hideki would be massive draw in those events as that seems the likely landing spot for LIV players who are banned from the PGA or DP Tours, but want to play in more than 8 to 14 events a year. Maybe LIV already made their pitch, and he declined, but Hideki would grab a lot more world-wide attention than the has-been U.S. golfers that LIV has been attracting. Plus Hideki is a Masters Champ which might make it harder for Augusta to ban another former Masters Champ on LIV.

Maybe I’m naive, but I’m having a hard time imaging the player whose caddy bowed to the pin on 18 at Augusta jumping to LIV.

Dude came out a couple years ago with a bunch of top 10s, and now he's winning tournaments in bunches along with his 1st major. He's easily #1 and has already wrapped up POY in all likelihood. He doesn't have any weaknesses. Is solid tee to green and is long, has nice touch around the greens and is a solid putter. He reminds me a lot of Rahm before Rahm developed his putting woes this year. He also has a great temperment and demeanor - isn't fazed by anything. I like that he almost won in Fort Worth with his B game, losing in a playoff to Burns and being gracious in defeat.

His biggest weakness is Strokes Gained - Footwork.

I don't understand how he does it sometimes.

hideki makes a fuck ton of money from sponsorships, he's like the Japanese Tiger

would be surprised if Hovland left as well

you gotta find guys that fit a few of these characteristics:

- 40+ years old
- OWGR ranking of 100+
- MAGA-person
- Noted asshole
- European
- Dumb
- Realistically no shot at winning a major in the future

Back