• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Ya'll assured me LIV would never get off the ground or be long gone by now.

So does that mean none of you are going with me to some LIV events this year? They are a lot of fun.

Yes, we all thought LIV would be completely wipetld from our memories seven months from its first actual tournament.

Jesus, someone found a whole field of strawmen to take down today.

Last edited:
Ya'll assured me LIV would never get off the ground or be long gone by now.

So does that mean none of you are going with me to some LIV events this year? They are a lot of fun.

nah, no one wants to hang out with a bunch of mouth breathing trump insurrectionists watching an accumulation of the most annoying pro golfers

I'm sure Trevor Immelman is a great guy but he's not cut out for this level of telecast.

I'm sure Trevor Immelman is a great guy but he's not cut out for this level of telecast.
He isn't great, but at least he's not as smug as Faldo or as irritating as Azinger. I miss Venturi and Johnny.

You think Faldo is smug, but liked Johnny Miller?

Have you heard about his 63 at Oakmont?!?!

In what sense? Too nice? Looking for more guys like Azinger who only get really fired up when players fail? Plus the players actually like Trevor so they play with him, talk strategy and tendencies... He's not just sitting there trying out catch phrases and talking about how much tougher it was back when he was on tour...

You think Faldo is smug, but liked Johnny Miller?

Have you heard about his 63 at Oakmont?!?!
Yes. Both Faldo and Miller would talk about their times playing. Hell, so did Venturi. But Johnny had some humility and would poke fun at himself, especially about his putting stroke. Sir Nick is the smuggest human on the planet, and I've always hated him. My favorite comment about him was when Ferherty apologized on Sir Nick's behalf for not being at a CBS tournament, citing the reason he couldn't be there was he was attending the elementary school graduation of his future wife.

Had not realized the Saudi International was this past weekend till the replay was on this a.m. Cam Young finished 2nd to Ancer is a pretty good field with all the LIV guys playing. So an encouraging finish for him. Interesting he didn't play Torrey or Pebble and went over to KSA - probably got a nice appearance fee.

the liv promo videos coming out today are really really bad

If you have to literally say “these guys look cool” in the promo Tweet that’s a sure fire sign that these guys do not, in fact, look cool. At all.

As an individual sport, golfers (like tennis players) have a natural "me-first" inclination, but it is interesting how all of the most self-absorbed pricks (and that's saying something) on the PGA Tour went to LIV.

All of their douchiness is on full display without a savvy PR advisor to let them know how lame they are projecting themselves.

I'll say this.

A lot of people have made a lot of money in various industries going for casual over formal and lowering standards rather than raising them.

This promo is squarely aimed at that crowd. Think Waste(d) Management Open without any real competition.

As an individual sport, golfers (like tennis players) have a natural "me-first" inclination, but it is interesting how all of the most self-absorbed pricks (and that's saying something) on the PGA Tour went to LIV.

All of their douchiness is on full display without a savvy PR advisor to let them know how lame they are projecting themselves.
And the pricks have been the whiniest of the LIV crowd. You haven't heard a peep out of guys like Varner, Niemann or the RSA crowd. I remember Varner being asked about not getting ranking points, and his response was we knew what we were getting into.

Back