• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

If you have to literally say “these guys look cool” in the promo Tweet that’s a sure fire sign that these guys do not, in fact, look cool. At all.
No Laying Up is definitely 100% making fun of the LIV guys.

So its a golf league purchased by blood money with some of the most unlikeable golfers in the world who “compete” for predetermined prize money in a terribly lame team format with no cuts and no world ranking points in front of galleries of a couple hundred “get in the hole” guys on a bottom tier channel they actually have to pay to air it? And Donald Trump is involved?

Don't forget the part where it's so unwatchable that the first round is only available on the CW streaming app because they can't give up the viewership driven by reruns of Beverly Hills 90210 on a Friday afternoon...

So its a golf league purchased by blood money with some of the most unlikeable golfers in the world who “compete” for predetermined prize money in a terribly lame team format with no cuts and no world ranking points in front of galleries of a couple hundred “get in the hole” guys on a bottom tier channel they actually have to pay to air it? And Donald Trump is involved?

yes

what's not to like?!

I’m interested…but golf is typically so quiet. If this league is just more quiet golf I’m out.

Webb -3 Cam TDFL +4. Cam birdied his final hole Friday to make the cut.

why do they have some of the guys midleaderboard tee off before some guys below them? I get they are teeing off both 1 and 10

That's how you tee off in Rounds 3 and 4 when you go off two tees. It's like a snake draft. The guys teeing off hole 10 at the same time as the leaders teeing off hole 1 are the ones who just made the cut, and wouldn't be expected to be in contention at the end of the day.

You take the list of people who made the cut from 1-70, and just fold the list in half, so 68/69/70 tee off at the same time as 1/2/3.

That's how you tee off in Rounds 3 and 4 when you go off two tees. It's like a snake draft. The guys teeing off hole 10 at the same time as the leaders teeing off hole 1 are the ones who just made the cut, and wouldn't be expected to be in contention at the end of the day.

You take the list of people who made the cut from 1-70, and just fold the list in half, so 68/69/70 tee off at the same time as 1/2/3.

I was going to try to explain this, but was having a hard time coming up with a succinct statement.

It's also what you do to make sure your tournament wraps up before the Super Bowl...

We watched the first episode last night. Great stuff and a really good look behind the curtain. Excited for the rest of the season.

We watched the first episode last night. Great stuff and a really good look behind the curtain. Excited for the rest of the season.

Going to be hard to top a JT and Speith episode.

Justin Thomas' relationship with his dad always hits me deep.

Going to be hard to top a JT and Speith episode.

Justin Thomas' relationship with his dad always hits me deep.
Especially a JT episode where he wins the PGA. That was really well done. Still crazy that he came back from down 7. Poor Zalatoris. Hopefully, this is his year to snag one. The NLU podcast with him was pretty good for anyone that hasn't listened to it.

Back