• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

I had winning score at -8 before the tournament started. If these aren't included in the "wild" pin locations and Saturday has those like normal, it may be difficult to even get to -8.

Realize its super-early, but Bryson DeChambeau is looking a lot like he did at Wingfoot (where he won the US Open). FWIW, Wingfoot and Oak Hill frequently get compared.

Realize its super-early, but Bryson DeChambeau is looking a lot like he did at Wingfoot (where he won the US Open). FWIW, Wingfoot and Oak Hill frequently get compared.
Bryson hit another player standing on the tee box with his own tee shot. Maybe not totally dialed in.

I have nothing but contempt for Bryson he's probably my least favorite golfer out there besides maybe Reed. Absolutely loathe that idiot

Course is playing brutally tough. With the morning wave about 2/3 complete, 10 players are under par, and no one is better than -3. Steve Alker who has been crushing it on the Champions Tour finished round 1 with an 80 (+10).

Course is playing brutally tough. With the morning wave about 2/3 complete, 10 players are under par, and no one is better than -3. Steve Alker who has been crushing it on the Champions Tour finished round 1 with an 80 (+10).
Conditions are benign too. Liking -5 or -6 for the winner, and maybe a higher score if the rough grows and the wind picks up.

There is a further connection. Oak Hill's former 42-year tenured head professional, Craig Harmon, is the son of Winged Foot's longtime pro, Claude Harmon (whose other sons include(d) Butch, Billy, and Dick).

And as much as I love every inch of the place, it would pain me beyond all measure to see Bryson win this. So I hope he doesn't.

There is a further connection. Oak Hill's former 42-year tenured head professional, Craig Harmon, is the son of Winged Foot's longtime pro, Claude Harmon (whose other sons include(d) Butch, Billy, and Dick).

And as much as I love every inch of the place, it would pain me beyond all measure to see Bryson win this. So I hope he doesn't.
Bryson hasn’t played in any real pressure in two years. let’s see how he does this weekend.

Anyone not rooting for PGA Professional Michael Block hates America.

Anyone not rooting for PGA Professional Michael Block hates America.

He just hit a straight up shank that miraculously bounced off a tree and stayed in bounds. Proceeded to make double

He just hit a straight up shank that miraculously bounced off a tree and stayed in bounds. Proceeded to make double
Why do you hate America?

Block seems like a good dude from his walk and talk yesterday.

I feel the same way about DeChambeau as Numbers, but if he's healed and in a good place, which he appears to be, he, DJ and Koepka are the 3 LIV guys with the length and talent to continue to compete in majors going forward. Speaking of LIV, I was watching the late afternoon coverage yesterday and was getting irritated at Phil hanging in there at +1 with all the support he was getting. Fortunately, he doubled 18 and is now +4, so it doesn't look he'll be contending like he did at Augusta. So far, the only 2 LIV guys in serious contention appear to be DeChambeau and DJ.

DJ just shanked a shot as well. Not QUITE as bad as Block but off the hozzle and probably 50 yards right

Cut looking more and more like it's going to be +6. I'm pulling for the wind to crank and more carnage

Cut looking more and more like it's going to be +6. I'm pulling for the wind to crank and more carnage
It doesn't have to crank that much. We're supposed to get 10-20 mph this afternoon, and that's enough on this layout to cause problems. I love the course set-up - mostly deep rough around the greens but with a few run off areas that are really giving the players problems.

Down to 12 players under par, and dropping fast.

You cannot get above the pin on these greens. Easier in that regard than before, but with balls bouncing over greens out of the rough it will be a tough, tough afternoon with 10-20 mph winds.

Course now +3.5 for the day after sitting at like 2.5 an hour ago.

Block goes 70-70 to make the cut. He very well may be top 10 by the end of the day. What a great two rounds

Only 5 guys under par for the tournament that have started their second round:

Rose -3
Scott -2
DJ -2
Pereira -1
Pendrith -1 (and in the clubhouse)

Back