• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

No player’s finish is official until he signs his scorecard. And since his playing partner was keeping his scorecard, he has to sit at the scoring table, go through it hole by hole, and make sure the other guy got it right. And we’re not televising every shot. Mostly we’t just televising the shots of the last few groups on Sundays.
yeah this is dumb and you can easily hire official scorekeepers.

He and Rose definitely got a kick out of playing with him the last 2 days. Block's response Saturday on learning he'd be playing with Rory was priceless.

Koepka's resurgence has been impressive. He was the best golfer on the planet from 2017-19, and then he seemed to lose interest in the 1st covid year due to no crowds being there. I had thought he had just lost interest in the game but hadn't realized the serious nature of his knee injuries the last 2 years. I'm guessing the knee was 1 of the reasons he went to LIV. When asked after the round how big this was for LIV, he downplayed the LIV aspect and said it was bigger for him. I get the sense he now regrets going to LIV. And if he has returned to that 2017-19 form, I think he has more majors left in him than Rahm, Rory and Scottie because he's a more consistent putter and has zero weaknesses in his game. Not many bigger venues than Oak Hill, Bethpage and Shinnecock. Now he just needs Winged Foot for the NY grand slam. Also surprised to hear he's procreating.
i think it's been pretty well reported from people around him that the knee was the major reason he went to LIV. They even went out of their way to imply it on the broadcast Sunday...which for Jim Nantz and the boys is about as close as they are going to get to giving Koepka a pass for joining the Bonesaw tour

ETA: “What I’ve had to go through the last two years on my knees, the pain, the rehab, all this stuff, you realize, you know, I need a little bit more time off,” Koepka said at the time. “I’ll be the first one to say it: It’s not been an easy last couple of years, and I think having a little more breaks, a little more time at home to make sure I’m 100% before I go play in an event and don’t feel like I’m forced to play right away [is good].”

Last edited:
yeah this is dumb and you can easily hire official scorekeepers.
Golf tends to be one of those sports that wants people to believe that the way they play in a big tournament is no different than how it's played in a municipal tournament. So having professional scorekeepers would be in conflict with that; you wouldn't be able to afford professional scorekeepers in every tournament taking place across the world.

It shouldn’t. A four-time major winner won his fifth major. And good on him, he earned it and is one of the great players of this generation. As for LIV, Koepka didn’t seem to care much for regular Tour events anyway, so 54-hole shotguns which matter to no one must suit him just fine.
Not to mention he won more $$$ in his last LIV win than he did yesterday at the PGA. But major #5 is really really nice

Except the main reason LIV exists is because Greg Norman found someone with money who would help him exercise a thirty-year hard on against the PGA Tour for not supporting his world tour idea. Plus, the source of the money is from a regime that has a horrible a humans rights record and a horrible women’s rights record.
Just like everything the U.S. and the NBA does with China. Horrible human rights, women’s rights & child labor

Block must be drooling as he approaches 50 and a shot at the Champions Tour. His swing will last a long time and that guy can putt.
Said last night on Golf Channel when asked by Brad Faxon that he had no interest in Senior Tour. He likes his life just like it is a playing a few events every now & then. Loves the club he is at.

Koepka was humbled some from his injuries and game plummeting and I think that has served him well. Both in likability, personality, and where is game is headed. He's a cut above all of them between the ears.

lol reff do you actually like LIV or do you just feel you have to defend it for reasons?

Golf tends to be one of those sports that wants people to believe that the way they play in a big tournament is no different than how it's played in a municipal tournament. So having professional scorekeepers would be in conflict with that; you wouldn't be able to afford professional scorekeepers in every tournament taking place across the world.
Yea but this is fucking dumb.

Golfs inability to adapt and the olds making the game stay old, is why the sport is dying.

Golf ain't dying. The pandemic greatly increased its popularity.
I think its popularity as an activity is doing fine, but I am curious about its popularity as a spectator sport

anecdotally, my friends that are into playing golf are generally not huge PGA fans

I think its popularity as an activity is doing fine, but I am curious about its popularity as a spectator sport

anecdotally, my friends that are into playing golf are generally not huge PGA fans

Mine are. And I don't know a single person who would go to a LIV event.

Really cool thing for those 2 events to invite Block. Another thing that separates PGA Tour from the LIV. Or maybe LIV will pay him to come on board. I can see it now - his new team the "Blockades".

The job the networks do in covering Golf is amazing. It is such an incredibly good product on every network that carries it.
I don't really agree with that but I'm glad you like it. Way too many worthwhile shots are missed or watched on tape minutes later while they focus on meaningless groups.

Michael Block has received sponsor's exemptions to play in this week's PGA event at Colonial, and in two weeks at the Canadian Open.
So great. And those will be his fourth and fifth Tour events of the year. Did not realize he played both the American Express (made it to the third day at -7) and the Farmers Insurance (+3, not bad). What a year.

Back