• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

John Rahm
Rory McIlroy
WIll Zalatoris
Cam Young
Bill Haas
Webb Simpson

What a disaster for their families listening to folks lost you. Cost that group alone over 1 Billion Dollars.
They made their decisions based on what was best for them and their families at the time. If they felt that was the right decision then, then i'm sure they are still very comfortable with their decision today. Not sure why you feel the need to claim it's a disaster for their families. not every makes their decisions solely on money.

Looking for the same outrage at the PGA that was thrown at the players for taking the bag. It won't happen tho.

If it doesn't happen now, you can be certain there will be penalties for players and media that speak out about it in the future. The Saudis control the messaging tightly in their other sports enterprises, from players expressing themselves to media access.

It's always about the money and it will always be about the money. Liberals: Saudi Arabia :: Conservatives: Bud Light. People will just complain about values until it conflicts with their pockets because we are all whores

If it doesn't happen now, you can be certain there will be penalties for players and media that speak out about it in the future. The Saudis control the messaging tightly in their other sports enterprises, from players expressing themselves to media access.
100%. Fear of getting cut up and stuffed in a bag will now reign. This should end most opinion sharing.

Next question: do the Saudis buy the Golf Channel?

Fx8jB9xaIAIaq4C

You think Monahan has butterflies in his tsomach?

Just goes with the territory. If you want to get paid you have to get your ass chewed occasionally.

Of course I get my ass chewed for significantly less money than Monahan makes and would trade places with him to be compensated for that 90-minute ass chewing.

I mean for viewers I think this ends up as a win. I don't have any stake in the PGA so I don't care. The LIV folks were all whores for leaving and the PGA are all whores for taking the same money now. But for viewers it's a win from a golf perspective it seems.

I mean for viewers I think this ends up as a win. I don't have any stake in the PGA so I don't care. The LIV folks were all whores for leaving and the PGA are all whores for taking the same money now. But for viewers it's a win from a golf perspective it seems.
What if you're a viewer who can no longer stomach watching?

How do the players allow Monahan to keep his job after he used them as a shield while negotiating this deal behind their backs?

Back