• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Ya'll promised us Wake Forest basketball was "fine" and LIV would be dead in the water in 6 months.

With the details still so murky about what the merger with PGA and PIF is going to actually look like, I am not surprised to see Rahm make the jump and take the money.

I am starting to lean more and more towards just watching the majors and nothing else. I might feel differently next month when the Hawaii events start up but for now I am just disgusted with all of it.

99% of golf fans will only see Rahm 4 weeks of the year now.

Ya'll promised us Wake Forest basketball was "fine" and LIV would be dead in the water in 6 months.
What part of the above is wrong?

Pumped about WF basketball, and what part of LIV is not dead in the water?

No one doubts the Saudis ability to throw good money after bad. LIV remains irrelevant unless you want to claim the CW airing Valpo v. Virginia Tech makes that game relevant.

Boy, LIV looks awesome. Now Jon Rahm gets to play 54-hole shotgun starts against Mito Pereira. Can't wait to watch the same number of holes of LIV next year as I did this year. Garbage sporting events.

Perhaps the point you intend to make is that unlimited money ruins sports for a lot of fans. Which would be very true right now in college football and golf. There is no incentive for LIV to make its "product" attractive or to "grow the game." It can just throw a billion dollars at a few players and draw them in. And then it is still sucky LIV golf, with a suckier PGA Tour. Trying to see what is good here, or maybe your point is (correctly) that this is a bad outcome.

This GT kid Lamprecht from RSA can play and looks as long as Burmester. And he's 6'7". Andy Bean is about the only pro I can think of who was that tall. Lamprecht looks like he can be next season's Aberg.
Hit one 410 allegedly

I am starting to lean more and more towards just watching the majors and nothing else. I might feel differently next month when the Hawaii events start up but for now I am just disgusted with all of it.
This is where I am. Maybe I'll watch The Players as well, plus maybe a few holes of the few events on interesting courses. I have absolutely zero interest in watching a second of LIV action. I actually caught a couple of minutes this past year, when YouTube TV had it as one of the things I may be interested in watching; so I put it on just to see what it was like - and it was even worse than I imagined. I got to watch Patrick Reed and caddie talk about the wedge he was planning to hit for about 2 minutes, while this horrible techno bass was going bum bum bum in the background. And then the whole left side of the screen was taken up by a video-gameesque leaderboard. 2 minutes and I literally got a headache. It was like they actively tried to make the worst golf production possible. So if by "growing the game", these LIV guys mean making long time golf fans just care about watching it 4 or 5 times a year - then job well done douchebags!

This is where I am. Maybe I'll watch The Players as well, plus maybe a few holes of the few events on interesting courses. I have absolutely zero interest in watching a second of LIV action. I actually caught a couple of minutes this past year, when YouTube TV had it as one of the things I may be interested in watching; so I put it on just to see what it was like - and it was even worse than I imagined. I got to watch Patrick Reed and caddie talk about the wedge he was planning to hit for about 2 minutes, while this horrible techno bass was going bum bum bum in the background. And then the whole left side of the screen was taken up by a video-gameesque leaderboard. 2 minutes and I literally got a headache. It was like they actively tried to make the worst golf production possible. So if by "growing the game", these LIV guys mean making long time golf fans just care about watching it 4 or 5 times a year - then job well done douchebags!
LIV broadcast is unwatchable and almost seizure inducing. Too many of the video game graphics all over the screen - the individual leaders, team info for the person on screen, team leaderboards, shot info …make it stop! I absolutely hate the music on the course. I could be excited about fan noise (cheering and jeering) on the course or even some organ music like in baseball! But the constant techno thrumming and thumping is awful. And now I hope Jon Rahm disappears from the golf fan consciousness like Cam Smith, Dustin Johnson, and so many others before him have. F LIV. Although I am a bit intrigued by the relegation idea. Might be an interesting wrinkle.

When they drop from the public eye and no one cares about them anymore, they can cuddle up with their money and be warm and happy.

Rahm to LIV, now, would certainly seem to signal that LIV is not dead despite the “merger,” contrary to what has been previously been speculated.

With the details still so murky about what the merger with PGA and PIF is going to actually look like, I am not surprised to see Rahm make the jump and take the money.

More than just the majors, the Players and the playoffs. I'll watch Kapalua, Riviera, Pebble, Torrey, Phoenix, Arnie's tourney, Muirfield, Quail, Hilton Head and the Canadian as well. But the vast majority of the other events are on uninteresting venues with poorish fields. The summer courses after the US and the fall courses in particular are boring. So do what I do - tune into the DP when it's on cool courses. I eat breakfast and work out to it a lot, and they have a good announcing team. And this week in particular is on 1 of the world's finest courses with 3 great risk/reward par 5s on the back, and you get elephant cam. I'll watch some of the more important LPGA events as well, but I really enjoy the DP, and it has more interesting venues than the PGA does.

I mainly just watch the lower tier tournaments because they're some of the easier ones to handicap and find a long(er) shot to win. Other than that and my fantasy leagues, I wouldn't pay attention at all to those. I've legit never seen a shot of LIV golf and don't think I really have any plans to

Back