• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

FWIW, sounds like Finau and Hatton are next. Apparently, Rahm's deal offered incentives (after getting $300M, do incentives even matter?) for him to recruit more PGAT guys for his team.

FWIW, sounds like Finau and Hatton are next. Apparently, Rahm's deal offered incentives (after getting $300M, do incentives even matter?) for him to recruit more PGAT guys for his team.
Gross.

Great. He's an Amway drone now.

Finau about to lose up to $10M in lawsuits, in swoops LIV...

Just like Phil.

I'll be shocked if he loses more than just restitution for the loans.
I had a medium quality insider tell me it was far worse than that, but who knows. Finau's past isn't like most of these guys. He and Gipper did that weird Vegas million dollar bet thing that was sketchy as hell, their extended family was making like $45k for 20+ people or something, went into massive debt to get Gipper on tour. When it turned out that Tony was the real talent it worked out in the end obviously but they had to lean on even more outside folks. Sounded like a very legitimate mess. Plus nobody in their right mind would give a bunch of money to a zero-win golfer without a percent of future wins agreement.

Nice. Noticed he thanked his "partners" in his announcement. Someone got a little extra $$$ to stay on the PGA Tour methinks...

Two guys staked Finau and his brother for a cut of future earnings. Finau allegedly stiffed them

Finau's father signed a contract (his boys were minors at the time) that said 20% of all of their on course earnings would flow into a corporation they formed with the investors. That Corp folded a few years later and the investors have claimed Finau's dad did so intentionally to avoid paying the money. At the time Tony hadn't made it big yet.

I can't imagine you actually could sign away your kids' future earnings (that they make as an adult) can you?

I can't imagine you actually could sign away your kids' future earnings (that they make as an adult) can you?
I don't think Tony would be liable for that contract. The law here at least, and I would suppose most places, is that minors cannot enter into contracts, and any such contracts are void. And if you sue a minor, you have to pay for the guardian ad litem to represent the child. That said, I'm sure Tony feels some responsibility to his family because his father might be open to some liability.

Watched the Mauritius Open some this a.m. Beats all the Draymond Green constant drum beat. It's on a new course that Oosthuizen was co-architect on. A lot of mounding with tall grass in the roughs to give it a linksy feel with all of it overlooking the ocean. Really gorgeous. The last month in southern Africa has been a great watch.

Yeah they're like "What a great shot onto the back right portion of this long par 4! He'll have to walk up the green favoring the left side though as a pride of lions are eating a gazelle carcass just off the right fairway..."

Yeah they're like "What a great shot onto the back right portion of this long par 4! He'll have to walk up the green favoring the left side though as a pride of lions are eating a gazelle carcass just off the right fairway..."
Yeah, that's like some of the course they play that have cobra warnings posted around the course. Umm, no thanks on that one

No, that was last week. No lions on Mauritius. And they don't allow lions on the courses in RSA. They have to stay in the game reserve - same with hippos, crocs and rhinos. And come on, L&D, get your continents right. The only cobras you'll find on the DP tour are on the course outside of Delhi (which is also a Gary Player design like all the RSA courses they play). And don't sleep on Mauritius. It is 1 of the most well off and democratic countries in Africa. It was colonized by both the French and British and was used mostly to grow sugar cane. But since independence, tourism has been the biggest industry in the country due to its tropical landscapes, beautiful beaches and great diving spots. And now it has this new and gorgeous Oosthuizen resort course. Give it a try and tell me I'm wrong. And check out the driveable par 4 330 yard 13th hole with the Riviera style bunker in the middle of the green.

Last edited:
I was responding to "the last month in South Africa has been a great watch" and you're wrong on about 5 points you just made but you do you. Having been there multiple times, I do get a chuckle out of your "they have to stay in the game reserve" comment. Good stuff, very funny.

when your country lands an Oosthuizen design you’ve fuckin hit the big time.

Back