• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Hoffman is nearly 40, has never sniffed an international competition, and his 4 wins are on easy, shootout courses. He's not a Ryder Cup player to me.

As of now, you are looking at Kuchar, Furyk, Snedeker and Fowler playing for final 3 spots. Obviously a lot can change, but that's how it seems at this moment.

The Valero Texas Open track is anything but easy. Charley is a gamer, and a great guy. Would probably be a really good partner for anyone.

Of all the bubble guys from 13-25, the only one who might be considered a good putter is Kisner. Hopefully he will show some form in the coming weeks so he can warrant serious consideration.

Of all the bubble guys from 13-25, the only one who might be considered a good putter is Kisner. Hopefully he will show some form in the coming weeks so he can warrant serious consideration.

I like him, but he's not particularly long. That's why I mentioned Piercy.

The Valero Texas Open track is anything but easy. Charley is a gamer, and a great guy. Would probably be a really good partner for anyone.

Big fan of Charlie and he helped me win $ in draftkings earlier in the season, but has not been as consistently good as he was pre- US Open

ATLANTA – Just days after shooting 58 to break the record for the lowest single-round score in PGA TOUR history, the PGA TOUR and Southern Company announced Jim Furyk – 17-time PGA TOUR winner and 2010 FedExCup champion – as the recipient of the 2016 Payne Stewart Award. Furyk will be honored on Tuesday, September 20, at the Payne Stewart Award Ceremony in conjunction with the TOUR Championship by Coca-Cola in Atlanta. The ceremony will be televised live on Golf Channel as part of a “Golf Central” special from 7-8 p.m. ET.

The Payne Stewart Award is presented annually to a professional golfer who best exemplifies Stewart’s steadfast values of character, charity and sportsmanship.

Love will pick Furyk if he makes cuts in the next month. Currently #18 in the standings despite missing 8 months to injury. Probably a done deal. Not saying it's the right pick, but it's what Davis will do.

Davis should pick Furyk to be an assistant captain! I think Jim will need to have at least one more good showing to even get on DL3's radar for a pick. But I could be wrong. Hopefully we learned something from the 2012 RC, which is that Stricker and Furyk buckled under the pressure when we needed them to halve.

Piercy would certainly be an interesting pick, but I think it may depend on what JB and Bubba do. Piercy can certainly get it out there, but he tends to be a bit wild off the tee so he puts a bit a stress on himself. However, I was certainly impressed with his performances at the USO and Bridgestone even though he struggled on Sunday.

But if Bubba moves into Top 9, and JB sticks, that is more than enough bombers with DJ, Walker, Brooks, and Spieth isn't exactly short. Then again, we control the thickness of the rough and the width of the fairways, so it never hurts to have too many bombers I spoz.

Davis should pick Furyk to be an assistant captain! I think Jim will need to have at least one more good showing to even get on DL3's radar for a pick. But I could be wrong. Hopefully we learned something from the 2012 RC, which is that Stricker and Furyk buckled under the pressure when we needed them to halve.

Piercy would certainly be an interesting pick, but I think it may depend on what JB and Bubba do. Piercy can certainly get it out there, but he tends to be a bit wild off the tee so he puts a bit a stress on himself. However, I was certainly impressed with his performances at the USO and Bridgestone even though he struggled on Sunday.

But if Bubba moves into Top 9, and JB sticks, that is more than enough bombers with DJ, Walker, Brooks, and Spieth isn't exactly short. Then again, we control the thickness of the rough and the width of the fairways, so it never hurts to have too many bombers I spoz.

He's already done that.

http://www.rydercup.com/usa/news/tiger-woods-jim-furyk-steve-stricker-named-ryder-cup-vice-captains

Last sentence in link: In the event that any Vice Captains qualify for, or are named to, the U.S. Ryder Cup Team, Love will have the option to name replacements.

ETA: I'm sure they talk a lot, so Furyk is definitely on Love's radar.

Last edited:
Sometimes I wonder if we shouldn't put Na on the team just to piss off the Euros with his slow, deliberate play. But he is a sneaky good grinder and may actually thrive in a format like team match play. But he would need a very special partner, someone easy going and laid back, but also a bit deliberate. Does that even exist in the top 12? Certainly not Sneds, Haas and Bubba as they all play pretty damn fast. Bill has the temperament but not sure he'll be on the team. Hope he hits stride the next couple weeks and gets on the team.

Bill could have all but shored up his place at the Open. Instead, JB Holmes got the big bump. Looks like Bill needs to win one coming home to make the team because I can't imagine he gets picked over the likes of Bubba, Fowler, Snedeker, Reed, or (gasp) Furyk.

Being an asshole is not the only criteria. A good golfer would also be helpful. He showed a lot of grit winning the Memorial. But not so much at the Traveler's

Not saying he should make the team, but I'm pretty sure he qualifies as "good" in terms of golfing ability. He's probably two years away, though.

Not saying he should make the team, but I'm pretty sure he qualifies as "good" in terms of golfing ability. He's probably two years away, though.

I'm not hating on the guy..I just don't think he's one of the twelve best US golfers - yet.

Watched some of the play this morning. I like the look of the course. Kinda reminds me of #2 minus the trees.

This format was incredibly dumb. Bet it will be changed for Tokyo.

What happens if there is a tie for 2nd, or tie for 3rd? Putting contest on the practice green? Roshambo?

What happens if there is a tie for 2nd, or tie for 3rd? Putting contest on the practice green? Roshambo?

Playoff IIRC

"If two golfers are tied for the lead, then a sudden-death playoff will be held to determine the gold and silver medalists. It starts on 18, and would continue to 1 and 17 if necessary. If three golfers are tied for first, then the playoff would determine all three podium positions.

If two or more golfers are tied for second, they’ll have a playoff to determine the silver and bronze medals. And if two or more are tied for third, then the playoff is for the bronze."

Last edited:
Best case scenario would be a playoff for 1st and 2nd and also a playoff for bronze that's 1 shot back

I'm sure Langer and Mccarron are standup guys, but how the heck can anyone tell if they are anchoring or not? David Faye said their top hand can even touch their shirt.

There is a lot of talk among the Champions Tour players that Langer is still putting illegally. Not doing it intentionally, but that the way he does it violates the rule.

Back