• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

I don't understand. You would have had to have turned in those scores too and they would be on GHIN. And yes, you would be about a 2.5.
You see, if you don't turn them in, your handicap doesn't go down. Neat, huh?
It is also hard to turn them in if you didn't really shoot them. So take your pick, liar or sandbagger.

I don't understand. You would have had to have turned in those scores too and they would be on GHIN. And yes, you would be about a 2.5.

It's not like we don't all know what happened here.

So take your pick, liar or sandbagger.
FLBqwLiVgAAmbTI.jpg

Hey guys, guess what?!? Since 2023 began, I have hit five, count 'em five, hole in ones! I got one at Pebble Beach, one at Shinnecock Hills, one at Pinehurst #2, and TWO at Augusta National! I might add, these were not all Par 3 holes! They also don't count the one I got at St. Andrew's (outside of U.S.) and the three I have nailed at Sedgefield (home course).

I am also richer, more popular, get hotter girls, and am far better than every single one of you scum bags, so suck it!!!!!

The moral of the story is: women want me and men fear me! Get used to that guys! I ain't goin' nowhere!!!!

Fuck the Joel! Wes Miller is God, you losers!!

Lots of speculation from legal folks who I respect on the Twitter dot com that the government isn't going to approve this merger and/or at the least will have significant questions about it.

And if they don’t? Now the PGA Tour has 0 leverage. Everyone will go to LIV.

I’m told from someone close to zalatoris that he is furious with those, like wake Forest folks here, told him not to take the money. Will had additional damage to his back during the last surgery and his prognosis is uncertain at best.

"The PIF announced a series of new Super PACs supporting a variety of congressmen on both sides of the isle this week following an unusually rapid granting of dual citizenship to Yasir Al-Rumayyan."

There are a bunch of courses on the PGA tour that are unimpressive visually, like most of the mid Summer and Fall events not named Congaree. But I really like East Lake.

I had originally thought the Saudis would scrap LIV after 3-4 years given the abject failure it has been as a tour. But it took the Saudi prince only 1 year to discover its abject failure and pivot accordingly, so I give him credit there. And the fact that Norman knew nothing about this tells you all you need to know about what he thinks about Norman and Mickelson at this point, which I find encouraging. But I'm extremely interested to see what these new arrangements look like and who the recipients of this cash influx will be. The PGA purses are already significant - $8mil for your average event and $18+mil for the elevated events. So I'm hoping most of the cash influx goes to the DP average events and rank and file players. But I'm guessing the final product will look more like Phil's vision and not mine. Regardless, Monahan comes out of this looking like the biggest hypocrite on the planet, and the fact that he used the 9/11 victims families as pawns is beyond nauseating. I'd like to see him resign, but that won't happen either.
Monahan is a hypocrite and Rory got it stuck right up his ass. That is exactly what it looks like.

Merger isn't the right word. LIV isn't merging with the PGA. PIF is now partnering with the PGA and DP tours beginning in 2024 and dropping LIV. So guys without sufficient ranking points will have to go the Korn Ferry route. Guys with sufficient points will have to pay a fine in order to return, probably a % of their LIV bonus. And I do think there will be suspensions for named plaintiffs. Throw in LK's point #2 as well. And I don't think the Saudi prince will care what penalties the PGA and DP place on their LIV golfers because he is likely extremely pissed at Greg and Phil and the embarrassment that LIV has been.
Lest you forget 2 LIV guys just finished runner-up at the Masters and won the PGA.

Lots of speculation from legal folks who I respect on the Twitter dot com that the government isn't going to approve this merger and/or at the least will have significant questions about it.
yea the right people will be bought off and it will go through.

I’m told from someone close to zalatoris that he is furious with those, like wake Forest folks here, told him not to take the money. Will had additional damage to his back during the last surgery and his prognosis is uncertain at best.
Bro Stahp, you play from the senior tees and brag about your game. Nobody takes you seriously

I try hard not to engage with you in this forum given the repetitive, reductive, and frankly exhausting nature of your posts. However, I've seen you make several other comments about Zalatoris recently and have restrained myself, but I have to interject at this point. What you're stating is simply not true. I'm close friends with Will's manager and have been since our days at Wake. I also work closely with a longtime Zalatoris family friend from Dallas who is very close with Will. I had dinner with Will's manager as recently as several weeks ago and we talked about all of this. I saw the LIV offer to Will last year. There were detailed conversations between Will, his team, and his parents. The unanimous decision, of which Will played an active and willing part, was that he stood to gain more in lifetime earnings from a career on tour than the upfront money from LIV, factoring in all sorts of variables such as the PGA tour pension plan, sponsor money (and the very real likelihood of loss of sponsor money moving to LIV at the time), etc.

While the possibility of an unforeseen career limiting/ending injury (and to be clear, I'm not saying that's what Will has) always exists, I can tell you that didn't factor into the decision making process at the time for a 25 year old rising star. People like that don't make decisions out of fear (which is exactly what a decision to move to LIV would've been. The ONLY justification, qualitatively and quantitatively, where it would've made sense for Will to take the LIV offer would've been a near certainty that he was about to imminently suffer a career-ending injury shortly after taking upfront LIV money). The mindset of a person who makes a career-defining decision out of fear is incompatible with the mindset needed to be a world-class athlete. So it never factored into his thought process.

Enough with the "Zalatoris is furious/has major regrets about not taking the money when he had a chance." Simply not true.

I try hard not to engage with you in this forum given the repetitive, reductive, and frankly exhausting nature of your posts. However, I've seen you make several other comments about Zalatoris recently and have restrained myself, but I have to interject at this point. What you're stating is simply not true. I'm close friends with Will's manager and have been since our days at Wake. I also work closely with a longtime Zalatoris family friend from Dallas who is very close with Will. I had dinner with Will's manager as recently as several weeks ago and we talked about all of this. I saw the LIV offer to Will last year. There were detailed conversations between Will, his team, and his parents. The unanimous decision, of which Will played an active and willing part, was that he stood to gain more in lifetime earnings from a career on tour than the upfront money from LIV, factoring in all sorts of variables such as the PGA tour pension plan, sponsor money (and the very real likelihood of loss of sponsor money moving to LIV at the time), etc.

While the possibility of an unforeseen career limiting/ending injury (and to be clear, I'm not saying that's what Will has) always exists, I can tell you that didn't factor into the decision making process at the time for a 25 year old rising star. People like that don't make decisions out of fear (which is exactly what a decision to move to LIV would've been. The ONLY justification, qualitatively and quantitatively, where it would've made sense for Will to take the LIV offer would've been a near certainty that he was about to imminently suffer a career-ending injury shortly after taking upfront LIV money). The mindset of a person who makes a career-defining decision out of fear is incompatible with the mindset needed to be a world-class athlete. So it never factored into his thought process.

Enough with the "Zalatoris is furious/has major regrets about not taking the money when he had a chance." Simply not true.
Before replying to this, we need DR to weigh in on why he feels comfortable bragging about his golf game whilst hitting from the tees in which women play.

I've got no connection to Zalatoris whatsoever but my sources say he's furious

Back