• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sawvel -- **Dismissed**

I would be shocked if he doesn't completely clean house on the defensive side of the ball after this season. Given Dave's work ethic, I suspect he's probably already creating a list of candidates.

Don't know if the whole house needs to be cleaned, but it appears those who should be held accountable are being held accountable. A true leader getting the job done. I trust in Clawson.

Don't know if the whole house needs to be cleaned, but it appears those who should be held accountable are being held accountable. A true leader getting the job done. I trust in Clawson.

Well he can’t clean the whole house right now. He did what he could. I assume the rest of the D staff knows they’re on very thin ice. Like I said before, I hope we hire a DC who can bring his assistants. I think a piecemeal staff stitched together over two years is part of the problem.

Doing some random research and I like Chris Cosh from North Texas if looking at people outside of program/Clawson connections.

I bet Cohen is DC the rest of the season and will be a try out for full time DC. Think he was considered when we brought in Sawvel.

Well he can’t clean the whole house right now. He did what he could. I assume the rest of the D staff knows they’re on very thin ice. Like I said before, I hope we hire a DC who can bring his assistants. I think a piecemeal staff stitched together over two years is part of the problem.

Correct. I doubt anyone remains on staff if Clawson can attract an upper-tier, respected DC. For obvious reasons, he can't fire everyone right now and probably shouldn't until a new DC can be installed.

Not sure going into the winter recruiting period without half the staff is a great strategy.

I bet Cohen is DC the rest of the season and will be a try out for full time DC. Think he was considered when we brought in Sawvel.

That makes sense.

Wonder if something else is going on? Remember Sawvel was on the staff at Minn. that had problems with the team.

Not sure going into the winter recruiting period without half the staff is a great strategy.

That was Grobe's end-of-career strategy. Don't fire anyone because of the recruits.

I think Clawson, not being a giant pansy, will actually play well in recruits' homes.

If we make a Bowl game, they’ll be on staff through early signing day. If we don’t, they’ll be gone and replaced before early signing day.

I want to promote Clawson to head football coach/AD. Manning would need to start packing this evening.

Back