• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sawvel -- **Dismissed**

That was Grobe's end-of-career strategy. Don't fire anyone because of the recruits.

I think Clawson, not being a giant pansy, will actually play well in recruits' homes.

My point is that Cohen has been fine. He’s recruited really well. His unit has been strong more often than not. DL is “ok” despite losing two excellent senior DEs. Firing Cohen would be an overreaction IMO.

Can someone describe how a defense operates without a coordinator? Can a committee of defensive coaches actually operate effectively?

Yeah. I think it will be Cohen inevitably calling plays. Perhaps Clawson meant “gameplan will be by committee.”

Cohen has been a DC before under Claw I believe.

Someone will have to call the plays but won’t have the title. Game planning will likely be by committee the way I’m reading it.

Is there anything stopping us from offering a replacement the position right now?

Is there anything stopping us from offering a replacement the position right now?

Would you want to hire someone who would bail on his team midseason? I’m sure conversations will start happening right away.

My point is that Cohen has been fine. He’s recruited really well. His unit has been strong more often than not. DL is “ok” despite losing two excellent senior DEs. Firing Cohen would be an overreaction IMO.
Why don't we let Clawson make that decision. He seems capable.

Why don't we let Clawson make that decision. He seems capable.

Who was suggesting otherwise? I’m just trying to temper expectations for people who want full scorched earth. I just have a hard time seeing that happening.

The D gave up 97 points in two weeks. Good for Coach to pull the trigger now.

Who was suggesting otherwise? I’m just trying to temper expectations for people who want full scorched earth. I just have a hard time seeing that happening.
Our coordinator was just fired 4 games into a season. You might want to bring your full scorched concerns up with the head coach, not us.

My bet is that Clawson will basically be the defensive coordinator for at least the next several games. He may not call the defenses on individual plays, but I am betting he will be very heavily involved in practice planning and game planning.

5513399fb1c97.image.jpg

Be nice to have this guy back on D with some eligibility remaining. :)

Back