• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SayHeyDeac's Thread For Serious Political Discourse Only--Trolls Need Not Apply

Has nothing at all to do with my post. My point was that PH contradicted himself in the same sentence.

I know that this election has been very stressful for you, W&B, since you were cock-sure from the start that Hillary was going to win in a waltz. Your posting since the election has taken on a sharp tone of exasperation. Hang in there. Everything is going to be O.K.

Leave my cock out of this big boy. I wouldn't say exasperated, just pissed at people who don't love America as much as me and use her as a vehicle for their spite, like you do.

Leave my cock out of this big boy. I wouldn't say exasperated, just pissed at people who don't love America as much as me and use her as a vehicle for their spite, like you do.

bob is one of the few true believers. He believes in the ability of the angry white man to provide leadership. It's served his life well for some time now.

So he was literally never honest about a single position?

There is hope for you yet. If he wants to sell you a product at $10.00, he will boast that you will pay $98.00. Everybody thinks he is crazy, but he compromises down to the reasonable price of $10.00.

It takes a pretty strange mind to think like Trump, but he has shown a pretty consistent pattern.

Now that Hillary's dishonesty isn't fogging our minds I can see now that Trump also lies

Trumps people prefer the term "embellishment" or "exaggeration".

Did anyone really think Trump, at 70 years of age and pushing 250 pounds was the most fit man ever to tun for office?

No sane person thought Trump would try and deport 11 million illegal immigrants. He has been completely hyperbolic. The left takes him at his word and flips out. His supporters see it for what it is. He is pointing out the direction he wants to go.

It is odd that those of you who are so much more intelligent than the common man have been unable to grasp what they have.

I think most of thought trump supporters were insane. And now we find it a bit surprising how many insane people there are.

There is hope for you yet. If he wants to sell you a product at $10.00, he will boast that you will pay $98.00. Everybody thinks he is crazy, but he compromises down to the reasonable price of $10.00.

It takes a pretty strange mind to think like Trump, but he has shown a pretty consistent pattern.

This is probably correct. It is also an approach to negotiating that I wish the Dems had taken on issues like healthcare reform. Start from a pretty far out position then "compromise" your way back to a reasonable/expected position. We took single payer off the table before negotiations even started and ended up with weak and shitty Obamacare.

You are not supposed to stay at minimum wage jobs long term. They are the first rung of the ladder. You want to remove the bottom rung of the ladder.

You're tacitly blaming people for their employers not paying them more.

You are not supposed to stay at minimum wage jobs long term. They are the first rung of the ladder. You want to remove the bottom rung of the ladder.

What do you mean by the first sentence? Who is "you" and who keeps a job a minimum wage job?

What do you mean by the first sentence? Who is "you" and who keeps a job a minimum wage job?

Someone who works a McDonalds on the day shift when HS kids are in school, what is their logical next rung on the ladder? Someone who works retail during the day, what about them?

I should have phrased it a little differently. Minimum wage jobs are not meant to support families. They are meant to be the first job available. The first rung if you will. One should be able to parlay that to a move up within that company or if that company does not have move up positions, then the work experience will make them more appealing for a better job elsewhere.

This works much much better when the economy is doing well. In a recession economy or a stagnant economy, people get stuck much longer in minimum wage jobs. That is why I think it is so important to enact pro business policies. It gives the worker more bargaining power.

Back