• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SCOTUS decisions

If I was in Wisconsin, I’d be voting too. Got to get those assholes out of power. People have withstood more of a threat than even coronavirus to exercise their right especially to vote out the people who want to restrict their right to vote.

National vote by mail needs to be in the next relief package

National vote by mail needs to be in the next relief package

Why not include repealing all state anti-LGBTQ, mandating all building use renewable energy and a tax increase on the Top 5%? Those have as much chance at being included by Moscow Mitch or President Nero.

So, the one thing that I will say is that this sets precedent for if Trump does try to postpone the election in November. No idea if they will hold to it when the shoe is on the other foot, but it is something I guess.

Trump doesn't want to postpone the election. Rubes will go out, vote, and risk getting sick in their podunk rube one stoplight towns, and intelligent people will not subject themselves and others to the risk of death and stay home, rather than go stand in line in their non-podunk cities where tons of polling places are closed.

If Trump does want to postpone, he will, and he rube base and Junebug won't care and will defend.

Last edited:
Can’t wait for this dope to replace RBG.

With all this GOP mania (going back to at least Dubya's presidency) for packing the federal courts with as many right-wing judges as possible, one gets the clear feeling that conservatives sense that America as a whole is turning steadily against them, so they're going to pack the courts with unelected judges who have lifetime appointments as a final bulwark against progressive legislation and beliefs overwhelming them. That way, even if they lose control of the executive and legislative branches long-term, these judges can still block any progressive legislation or proposals coming from the other two branches. It's their last line of defense, so to speak, and they're determined to ram through as many right-wingers as they can.

Whenever someone’s like “no, you’re not reading The Onion !” they are nowhere close to something The Onion would actually write.

With all this GOP mania (going back to at least Dubya's presidency) for packing the federal courts with as many right-wing judges as possible, one gets the clear feeling that conservatives sense that America as a whole is turning steadily against them, so they're going to pack the courts with unelected judges who have lifetime appointments as a final bulwark against progressive legislation and beliefs overwhelming them. That way, even if they lose control of the executive and legislative branches long-term, these judges can still block any progressive legislation or proposals coming from the other two branches. It's their last line of defense, so to speak, and they're determined to ram through as many right-wingers as they can.

Which is ironic, since they’re so against “activist” judges legislating from the bench.

Which is ironic, since they’re so against “activist” judges legislating from the bench.

Indeed. As with so much else, government activism from any branch is only bad if it comes from liberals or Democrats. If it's coming from conservatives, it must be for a good reason. #maga

They’re against activist judges. They’re for judges acting as a bulwark against activist legislators.

They’re against activist judges. They’re for judges acting as a bulwark against activist legislators.

I don't think, in this case, there is a difference. They legislate in an activist way. They are happy to have judges actively push their agenda and shut down the other side.

That’s my point. “Activist” is code for anything they don’t like.

Back