• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SCOTUS decisions

Or maybe it's how you take care of children and make America smart and successful again.

This type of thinking is endemic to dems. "If it's good policy, it must be required by the constitution."

Seductive, I know, but flat wrong. And thank goodness for that. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be ruled by 5 lawyers, conservative, liberal, or other.

great post

This type of thinking is endemic to dems. "If it's good policy, it must be required by the constitution."

Seductive, I know, but flat wrong. And thank goodness for that. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be ruled by 5 lawyers, conservative, liberal, or other.

I’d rather be ruled by 53 senators that represent ~35% of the country’s population and a reality tv “star” elected by 43% of the voters.

"6th circuit holds..."
Thanks for clearing that up. Agree it would be terribly irresponsible to have courts making up laws. Especially in this case where its protecting children. I guess it's a good thing that the 6th circuit simply upheld a law written by duly elected officials saying it was not unconstitutional.

You're so fucking naive that I can't tell if you're trolling. We are all ruled by 5 conservative lawyers who are legislating from the bench right now. It's astonishing you can't see that -- but kudos if you're just pretending not to.

As well you should be. They are accountable every 6 and 4 years, respectively, not to mention the house, which turns over every 2. Clarence Thomas has been on the SCOTUS since 1991.

Agreed, but...

You're so fucking naive that I can't tell if you're trolling. We are all ruled by 5 conservative lawyers who are legislating from the bench right now. It's astonishing you can't see that -- but kudos if you're just pretending not to.

...you also support five conservative lawyers erasing any laws they don't like that are passed by Democrats.

Not true. I support laws being erased that violate the original meaning of the constitution. That's the difference. I support being governed by the constitution, not the whims of 5 lawyers.

Like counting black people as 3/5 of a person?

How about "a well regulated militia" being the meaning for gun ownership not something interpreted centuries later?

"6th circuit holds..."
Thanks for clearing that up. Agree it would be terribly irresponsible to have courts making up laws. Especially in this case where its protecting children. I guess it's a good thing that the 6th circuit simply upheld a law written by duly elected officials saying it was not unconstitutional.

Can I please get a drive by junebugging since you conveniently remain silent?

I mean yeah the civil war is a good argument against originalism but don’t let that stop you.

Back