• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season Long College Basketball Discussion Thread

DeacInVermont

Reaction score
Bring your KenPom analysis, your #eyetest, and all other commentary about the doings in the world of college basketball.

So, Harvard loses to Holy Cross. That's gonna leave a mark. They have UMass, Arizona St., UVA, and BC on their schedule but that's it for notable out of conference games. It's a very narrow margin for error for Ivy League teams and that's not one Harvard could afford to drop.

Last edited:
ACC in general has looked pretty good so far. GT had a nice win over what should be a solid UGA team on Friday.

Duke looks one of the top teams in the country, UNC, UofL, and Cuse will all be really good this year. My Wolfpack looked really good on Friday, defense will be much improved but the offense will be worse after losing TJW. Caught a little of the UVA game today and they looked dominant. Only head scratchers so far for me have been BC losing to UMass today and Pitt only beating Samford by 7. Glad basketball is back, should be a fun season.

On a national note, im interested to see if Coach Cal keeps with the platooning. That team is stacked but will be interesting to see how it all meshes.

Is there any chance Harvard doesn't win the Ivy League? No conference tournament so I don't think a non-con loss is really killer. Just means they'll have a lousy seed again

Yea, you are right, not really a surprise but not a result that is great for the ACC perspective. BC is going to be awful this year right?

Yeah, Hanlan is good but needs help. Clifford was getting some buzz so we'll see how he turns out.

MY BOY, Coach Kels, got Winthrop cozy in Littlejohn right now about 9:30 left.

Western Carolina up on Alabama 69-67 with 5 minutes left on the SEC Network.

I'll be the guy who admits I've been watching this UConn-Stanford women's game and that it's gonna be a great finish. Already in OT.

Last night, Gonzaga beat SMU by 16 in a match-up of ranked teams. The Zags have games at Arizona and at UCLA in the next few weeks. Looks like a typical Mark Few season: 30-3 record heading into another NCAA crash and burn.

Former Deac update:

Carson Derosiers is starting at Center for Providence. They are 2-0; he had 8 points/10 rebounds in a win over Binghamton last night.

Anthony Fields is a senior at Bradley, and only gets garbage minutes. Of all the misguided moves by the previous coach, the desperation offer to Fields ranks right up there. He had no chance to compete against high D-1 competition.

Arvydas Sabonis' son is a freshman for Gonzaga.

They actually look pretty good. They have real talent in Pangos, Bell, and Wiltjer (transfer from UK and I believe a guy Wake pursued) and will likely have a four or five seed in the tournament.

Duke is gonna score a gazillion points this season.

Back