• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long PGA tour thread--the presidents cup from south korea

does the international team have a competition with the euros?

Same with the irons he hit on 16 and 17.

I feel for Lahiri...that miss will stay with him for a long time.

That was a great Presidents Cup. Just what the event needed.

Yep. He executed every shot perfectly over the last three holes. Hopefully this will recharge his confidence down the stretch.

This tournament has no reason to exist that I can think of. It's like when they used to play a third place game in the NCAA basketball final four. Put it out of its misery.

It exists because the PGA Tour was jealous of the money that the PGA of America was making on the Ryder Cup and wanted in on some similar action.

I didn't watch a ton of the PC, and I get that it was close, which made it better. But outside of Grace and Shrek, there seemed to be a whole lot of mediocre golf being played over the weekend. DJ's singles match in particular was pretty awful. And I think I might be the only 1 here who didn't mind the course. I get that it was generic Nicklaus with wide fairways and tiered greens to put a premium on iron accuracy, but I liked the overall look. And that short par 4 with the stream in the middle was apparently too tempting for all of our big hitters - there was a fair amount of stupid going on out there too.

I didn't watch a ton of the PC, and I get that it was close, which made it better. But outside of Grace and Shrek, there seemed to be a whole lot of mediocre golf being played over the weekend. DJ's singles match in particular was pretty awful. And I think I might be the only 1 here who didn't mind the course. I get that it was generic Nicklaus with wide fairways and tiered greens to put a premium on iron accuracy, but I liked the overall look. And that short par 4 with the stream in the middle was apparently too tempting for all of our big hitters - there was a fair amount of stupid going on out there too.

I saw more fatted wedge shots this weekend than the rest of the year combined.

I enjoyed the PC more then I have in the past. I was skeptical of the Phil pick but he really played well and of course Bill came through when he had to. It's not the Ryder Cup but still enjoyable.

Surprised that there isn't a little more love for both Haas - father and son - in this Pres Cup. Bill had a clutch final round to win it for the US after the international team made it close on the last day. Congrats to both.

Surprised that there isn't a little more love for both Haas - father and son - in this Pres Cup. Bill had a clutch final round to win it for the US after the international team made it close on the last day. Congrats to both.

Agree. Was a great moment. Also, during the final President's Cup round lots of references to the Haas family's connection to WF, including Jerry as the current golf coach. Good for Bill, good for Jay, good for WF!

Should someone start a new thread now that we are on to a new season?

In case you missed it, Kyle Reifers had an excellent first tournament, finishing T6 at the Frys.com event and collecting almost $200k. Well on his way to keeping his tour card for another year. He has been playing well lately. Webb missed the cut.

Don't look now, but Kevin Na continues his good play with 2 straight 2nd place finishes. He could make the Ryder Cup team next year. So who do you root for if he makes the team and he's going up against any Euro not named Ian or Sergio?

Don't look now, but Kevin Na continues his good play with 2 straight 2nd place finishes. He could make the Ryder Cup team next year. So who do you root for if he makes the team and he's going up against any Euro not named Ian or Sergio?

I root for the rules official to penalize him. I'm sick of the "oh he's working so hard at playing faster" nonsense. He's still brutally slow, and it's disrespectful to the other people on the course.

Watched a little of the Euro tourney in Antalya this a.m. The lollipop type trees give the course an interesting look. But I have no idea who this South African van Zyl guy is who shot a 61.

This thread is pretty much dead as we are into the somewhat lame start of the new 2015/16 "wrap-around" season, but thought it might be nice to bring BTTT to note that Deacon golfing great, Billy Andrade won his 3rd senior tour event of the year, the year-ending Schwab Cup Championship. Congrats Billy!! Always good to see such a good representative of MSD do well. Billy's just a cool cat in general and impossible not to pull for.

As an interesting aside, Billy was the first tour player to win a PGA Tour event using the newly introduced Titleist Pro V1 golf ball back in 2000. This latest win came very close (within a few weeks) to the exact 15 year anniversary of that "historic" win...well at least historic in terms of golf ball performance improvement and equipment technological innovation.

Flashback to 15 years ago, at the Invensys Classic at Las Vegas (now the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open), 47 players switched to the new multi-component, solid technology Pro V1 the first week it was available, representing the single greatest pluralistic shift in equipment usage ever at a PGA TOUR event. Las Vegas was the first event in which Tour players could play Pro V1 in competition after it was added to the Fall 2000 Edition of the USGA Conforming Golf Ball List.

Last edited:
Ah yes, a week later everyone was "seaming" their pro v1's off the tee.

Back