• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long PGA tour thread--the presidents cup from south korea

eric -

I was a first-timer as well 2 years ago and brought my 2 sons. A couple tips....

1) Parking is free and there's plenty of it directly adjacent to the course.

2) Upon arrival (8 a.m.), go directly to the huge merchandise building and buy all your Masters goodies. You can store your bag(s) next door for free and pick them up when your leaving later.

3) We went Monday & Tuesday for the practice rounds. Cameras & cell phones allowed these days only. If your going multiple days, walk/see the entire course on day 1. Do it in reverse order to avoid crowds.

4) Day 2 devote to stationary viewing at the gorgeous practice range, Amen Corner, the 13th fairway tree-line, the grandstands flanking 15 green, the 18th tee and 18 green.

5) Food. Everything you've heard about the home-made pimento(sp), egg salad sandwiches and lemonade is true. ALL the food is ridiculously inexpensive and ridiculously good.

6) Definitely go over to Magnolia Lane and get your picture taken in the garden/circle in front of the clubhouse....IT'S FREE !

Ask me any questions you like !

Cell phones are not allowed on any day.

I always sit around the 15th green in the grandstands after walking around the course. Great view. Love it.

Cell phones are not allowed on any day.

Yeh this will be my 11th year working the event and there won't be any cell phones allowed in but, we do have many courtesy phones for you to check your voicemails, call friends, etc. Make sure you check out the new merchandise shop on number 5! You can not only store your merchandise at the check stand beside the main golf shop but you can also ship via UPS there as well. Youth are free with a Paid adult so take a kid. Feel free to PM me any questions.

Have Fun!!!

Thanks for all the tips, guys. Very much appreciated. Really looking forward to visiting Augusta especially as this winter has been the winter from hell in New York. I still have snow in my yard and it is April for heaven's sake.

Tiger is officially playing in the Masters. At least for Thu-Fri. Representatives of Bubba, Rory and Jimmy Walker are thrilled at this announcement now that 99% of the media coverage will be on Tiger and his ensuing meltdown. I wonder if Tiger will Texas wedge everything off the greens.

I am glad. I will be there thursday and Tiger being there means smaller crowds around the guys I want to follow. I'll be shocked if Tiger makes the cut.

How many of the amateurs beat Tiger next week?

Tiger is on the practice range now. We in the main golf shop are always glad when he plays because we can at least plan for a bit of a "Tiger Lull" when he's on the course all week.

Hopefully everyone working the practice greens wears full armor suits this week. Could get ugly when Tiger shows up to work on pitch shots.

Do you get to play the course on volunteer day in May before they close for the summer? I have a friend who has played it over 20 times that way.

Wow, Jordan Spieth. Talk about clutch...

Sorry to see Jordan lose but helluva Sunday round from JB

Holmes deserves a W. He's been in at least 1 playoff this year and is playing well. He could be a threat at Augusta next week with his length. I was kinda rooting for Wagner of the 3 - seems like a good guy and coming off a long dry spell. And quite the celebration on 18 when he birdied to get into the playoff.

Now rooting for Stacy Lewis to come back and win the ANA.

Holmes deserves a W. He's been in at least 1 playoff this year and is playing well. He could be a threat at Augusta next week with his length. I was kinda rooting for Wagner of the 3 - seems like a good guy and coming off a long dry spell. And quite the celebration on 18 when he birdied to get into the playoff.

Now rooting for Stacy Lewis to come back and win the ANA.

I'll be surprised if he contends at Augusta. He doesn't play a draw and the course has a significant bias towards a right to left shot. That said, I'll be rooting for him.

Are we doing the golf challenge this year? I didn't see a thread or anything, but wasn't sure if it was buried in this thread.

ESPN had a survey of PGA players on a variety of topics. I found a couple of questions a little risible. First was _____________ is in fight in the parking lot. You are not helping him. Bubba scored highest at 23%, Fatrick was next at 11%, and Sabbatini and Allenby tied at 9%. The other question was who deserves the 1st slow play penalty in 20 years. Na came in 1st at 29%, and Crane was 2nd at 26%. I'm guessing Na, Crane and the others who got votes on the slow list made up the 9% who voted for Sabbatini.

Back