• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long PGA tour thread--the presidents cup from south korea

4 bombers in the playoff and a reachable par 5? This should be entertaining!

Yeah, I don't have a problem with Holmes not going for it. First, he may not have had a 240ish yard club in the bag. Second, if he made it to the green but it came in hot, then he's chipping downhill from behind and could have chipped it in the water. Third, if you're just not feeling it, don't try it. Not sure who to root for - prolly Day or Holmes - love Day's game and want to see him get a major soon.

charlotte tv switched away from it. WTF. god forbid I miss a few minutes of dean smith coverage on the local fucking news.

day with the bend down and pick up the tee before the ball lands. looks cool

Now that Holmes lost, he definitely should have gone for it.

Now that Holmes lost, he definitely should have gone for it.

Radio guys are saying he had a slight downhill lie and his 5 goes 270...too far. I don't think he had a club he was comfortable hitting that far off a lie that could lead to a thin push.

Radio guys are saying he had a slight downhill lie and his 5 goes 270...too far. I don't think he had a club he was comfortable hitting that far off a lie that could lead to a thin push.

I heard that take as well, although it's not like his average with that 5 wood is 270 - announcers just love to embellish that stuff. He doesn't have a 40 yard gap between that rescue 3 he carries and his 5 wood. He's just a guy who plays a cut and he had a hook lie, and as he said afterward he just wasn't comfortable hitting a draw into that green and having to get up and down from behind it or out of the bunker. He had 234 in so it was really his rescue 3 iron thing he'd have hit anyway.

Honestly it's not that bad a play - Day went for it twice and also went par-birdie. I just think JB Holmes makes a living hitting par 5's in two or getting close enough to chip it to a kick in. Even playing great he was 42nd in GIR and 26th in strokes gained putting - so laying up doesn't play to his strengths in my opinion. Day was the only player near the playoff who was putting worse than JB - and he went for it both times and took putting completely out of the equation. If JB just hits the 3 up the right side - maybe catches the green, maybe ends up close to where Day did in the first playoff hole - he probably wins the tournament outright. I get that he figured he'd have a 20 footer or better to win laying up and that sounds nice, but I don't think the stats support the decision. Not for him anyway.

Back