• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long PGA tour thread--the presidents cup from south korea

Sergio is such a head case. Par/par finish wins and he goes bogey/bogey to miss the playoff. Then all he can say is he never thought he had a chance and didn't deserve to win.

He has to have one of the all-time worst outlooks in sports today.

Sergio is such a head case. Par/par finish wins and he goes bogey/bogey to miss the playoff. Then all he can say is he never thought he had a chance and didn't deserve to win.

He has to have one of the all-time worst outlooks in sports today.

I've mellowed on Sergio, though I was still rooting against him. But I thought his post round interview showed he was appropriately critical of his long game, and it showed a much more positive outlook than he's had in the past. Outside of the chip on 18, his short game was really good this week, and that's scary because his long game is usually great. I wouldn't be surprised to see him win a major this year.

That's an extremely difficult course, and the rain made it even harder down the stretch. I was rooting for either Hahn or Casey because I've more than soured on DJ. Those 2 chips on 10 by Hahn and DJ were pretty amazing. And how is Hahn only #297 in the world? Seems like he's been on plenty of leaderboards in the last few of years, and he can roll it. And it's kinda cool to see Casey back in contention. He was a top 10 player before the divorce and injuries.

Sergio should have won multiple majors by now.

I just don't buy that having an "I figured I'd lose because I wasn't hitting the ball like I wanted" attitude is the same thing as having a "positive outlook." Guys hit bad drives all the time. Guys win without playing flawless golf all the time. Even after his two bad drives on 17 and 18 he had pretty easy looks at par, and the rain had taken a lot of bite out of the greens. It was just another massive choke followed with another odd rationalization. It's like he thinks he has to be playing perfect golf to even consider winning - or more specifically to not have an excuse for losing. It's especially strange considering Seve is his hero. I give him credit for being more mature these days and not blaming kids raking bunkers or saying the universe is against him... But it doesn't seem like his outlook on the course has improved much. He had 9 strokes to play 2 holes and he comes in saying he never really thought he had a chance to win?

To put it in perspective, the rest of the guys in the hunt - top 10 - shot a collective -6 on those two holes coming home. Only Dustin Johnson was over par going bogey-par, and he had a great look at birdie on 18. Yet Sergio was +2. Prior to that, he'd birdied 17 in all 3 rounds and parred 18 in all 3 rounds. But his explanation is he didn't expect to win. Mental breakdown.

I've mellowed on Sergio, though I was still rooting against him. But I thought his post round interview showed he was appropriately critical of his long game, and it showed a much more positive outlook than he's had in the past. Outside of the chip on 18, his short game was really good this week, and that's scary because his long game is usually great. I wouldn't be surprised to see him win a major this year.

That's an extremely difficult course, and the rain made it even harder down the stretch. I was rooting for either Hahn or Casey because I've more than soured on DJ. Those 2 chips on 10 by Hahn and DJ were pretty amazing. And how is Hahn only #297 in the world? Seems like he's been on plenty of leaderboards in the last few of years, and he can roll it. And it's kinda cool to see Casey back in contention. He was a top 10 player before the divorce and injuries.

Yeah I was surprised by that as well, feels like he's been in a lot of tournaments and had some good performances.

he's gotten cut a LOT the past two years and I don't think he's played in any majors during the times relevant to the rankings and/or tanked in most of the events with strong fields.

Thanks for posting the link. Enjoyable.

I find myself pulling for DJ despite his baggage, mainly because Team USA needs him to be good so badly.

Thanks for posting the link. Enjoyable.

I find myself pulling for DJ despite his baggage, mainly because Team USA needs him to be good so badly.

Nah. I'll pull for him in 19 months. Though I prolly would have rooted for him had it been him and Sergio in the playoff. I didn't care between Hahn and Casey. Hahn seems like a great guy and did a great Gangnam Style dance on 16 a couple years ago. And Casey was on the verge of being 1 of the elite players a few years ago but then dropped out of sight with injuries - nice to see him back. Though if he does regain his form, he could be yet another formidable foe next Ryder Cup. As for DJ, I don't really care about the multiple positive tests for pot and coke as they're not performance enhancing, but it does show a reckless disregard of the consequences. And he just sounds like a douche, especially when it comes to sleeping with other players' wives.

So how awkward was it between DJ and Wayne Gretzky at the Pro-Am a couple weeks ago? With all the rumors out there, what were those conversations like?

So how awkward was it between DJ and Wayne Gretzky at the Pro-Am a couple weeks ago? With all the rumors out there, what were those conversations like?

Gretzky was also following DJ around yesterday - relations can't be but so bad.

Are you talking about the drug rumors from the fall or is there something new I haven't read about yet?

I've read that DJ and Gretzky were frequent golfing partners during his hiatus, and I suspect Gretzky is enjoying being a grandfather right now.

Are you talking about the drug rumors from the fall or is there something new I haven't read about yet?

I've read that DJ and Gretzky were frequent golfing partners during his hiatus, and I suspect Gretzky is enjoying being a grandfather right now.

I think Gretzky has been a very positive influence on him

When/what has he commented on that topic? never seen interview/etc. on that specifically.

I don't think he has commented. But he slept with Will McKenzie's wife, though she maintains she was separated at the time. And he allegedly slept with Jimmy Walker's wife and another player's nanny. To his credit, though, he may have been seeing Natalie Gulbis at 1 point.

Moreso the fucking around. Can't imagine Gretz is full-on accepting whatever plea of innocence DJ may be making. I have no idea but where there's smoke... Sure, one can say "it's between man/wife," but wife's father can't be without some opinion on the matter.

Back