• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SEC baseball = to SEC football

When you say the SEC is dominating baseball year after year what you're implying is that every team in the SEC is doing well and multiple teams from the SEC have been winning the CWS for years. But the fact is only one team makes up most of the CWS wins the SEC has (LSU). This is what I'm implying with my if statement that LSU make up most of the SEC CWS wins. You're previous post is like saying the Swiss are dominating tennis.

Acutally the SEC has placed a team in the CWS finals 4 years in a row and 5 of the last 7 years, so I would say its an upward trend. Plus the SEC is the first conference to ever have 3 of the 4 final teams in the CWS. And that's with LSU being down.....

Its well known that Coach Holbrook wants to be the "head coach in waiting" when Tanner retires....problem is how long will that be? Coach Myers is on his second stint with the Gamecocks, and it would take a lot of $$ to unseat him with the pool of pitching talent he can craft throughout the Southeast.

Last edited:
Other than Miami (which I believe won a few championships prior to joining the ACC), isn't Wake still the only ACC school with a CWS championship?

1955! OH YEAH, GO DEACS!

Reff and siff should start a message board for disaffected Wake alumni whose kids attend USC.

I don't know about the first part of your statement, but there are more and more kids from Winston going to USC. NC kids get a tuition break if they have a certain GPA, I think.

Why would Clemson say hello? The Gamecocks flat out own them in Omaha.

Did anyone see the sign the USC fan held up during the UConn series? Something like "Hey Connecticut, you are not in Clemson anymore." UConn had just beaten Clemson in Clemson like 14-1 to advance to meet USC.

I don't know about the first part of your statement, but there are more and more kids from Winston going to USC. NC kids get a tuition break if they have a certain GPA, I think.

People know the farce that is Chapel Hill so who wants to go there except lifetime Baby Blue people. If you want the most liberal of the liberal public institutions, go to Chapel Hill. The Wackos run that insane asylum. Many N.C. kids get a great education at schools like USC, Clemson, Coastal Carolina, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama.

haha. say what you want about keeper but at least he has supposedly given something back to the university (his scorekeeping skills; which are like deaccav's hoodrat picking up skills. minimal at best).

this reff guy just has some kid who is a dumb ass who is trying to justify sending him to south carolina. this guy sucks.

People know the farce that is Chapel Hill so who wants to go there except lifetime Baby Blue people. If you want the most liberal of the liberal public institutions, go to Chapel Hill. The Wackos run that insane asylum. Many N.C. kids get a great education at schools like USC, Clemson, Coastal Carolina, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama.

I hate UNC, but UNC is a top 30 national university. The other schools just aren't.

Sorry, but UGA and Clemson are head and shoulders above the rest of that list and UNC-CH is better than all of them.

Coastal Carolina? Are you serious? Why not just go to UNC-C or ECU and pay in-state tuition?

US News College Rankings

30. UNC
56. UGA
64. Clemson
79. Alabama
85. Auburn
111. South Carolina
Not Ranked. Coastal Carolina

:jerkit:

:laugh:

Someone has been taking lessons from Keeper on trolling.

Sorry, but UGA and Clemson are head and shoulders above the rest of that list and UNC-CH is better than all of them.

Coastal Carolina? Are you serious? Why not just go to UNC-C or ECU and pay in-state tuition?

I'm from near Coastal Carolina, and i've seen it rise in popularity/awareness of existence...

But it sucks.

Coastal Carolina is the fastest growing university in South Carolina I believe. It has several great majors for those wanting hotel and travel type businesses. Plus their marine & ocean majors are top notch. Plus their golf management major is excellent.

There are many great institutions of higher learning out there where a person doesn't have to over spend at $55,000 a year to major in psychology or history and go be a school teacher. [ not that we don't need well educated teachers, but it just doesn't pay enough to make that kind of investment worth it in the job market ] Make great grades somewhere else where it doesn't kill you to do so. Save the money and come back to a place like Wake for the great grad schools [ Calloway business, Law school and med schools ]

Like I said, lets see how many of the parents and future parents of college age kids are going to spend $250 k or more for undergrad educations?

In the mean time, it is a all SEC baseball final. Seems I read somewhere that the SEC may have been undefeated against outside competition in the college baseball playoffs. Losing only in games to each other like FL-Vandy

Top notch grad schools are the places to spend

Don't talk shit about CofC. Final warning.

Not to mention going to a South Carolina football game with 10,000 gals in nice black sun dresses. Southern football is quite a site in the fall.

Back