• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SEC Championship Game/BCS Play In Game v2.0

Looks like Bama-LSU in the title game. SECCG should be irrelevant, except for UGa playing for a BCS bid

This has probably been answered already, but isn't there a rule about a conference putting 3 teams into the BCS? If UGA beats LSU, and the BCS rankings still come out with LSU-Bama for the title game, what happens?

I have so little desire to watch an LSU-Bama rematch. That was a terrible game.

Bama and LSU play for the title and UGa goes to the Sugar. Rule doesn't apply if 2 non-conference winners from the same conference finish 1-2 in the BCS standings

yeah nobody else can play with LSU except for Bama.
there's no point in even watching the championship game if that isnt it.

Only hope to avoid Bama-LSU is for Auburn to come up huge tomorrow, or Oklahoma State to crush Oklahoma and get bumped up over Bama in the BCS.

no shock that LSU is sticking it to Arky today. Arky doesn't have a single good win all season.

I think Oklahoma could have made a good mnc matchup with LSU.....also think Oregon against LSU would look a lot different if played right now. Unfortunately those bastards lost for a second time....

Will Bama/LSU be highly rated, or does that rematch have a chance to tank? I couldn't imagine getting excited to watch that rematch unless you live in Louisiana or Alabama.

I can't see a Bama-LSU rematch being drastically higher scoring. Bama is one of the few teams that can force LSU to beat them through the air, but the prospects of McCarron vs LSU's D again aren't great either.

That said, Alabama still needs to beat Auburn and I think Auburn may stick around for a half at least tomorrow.

"the next two games. Ha ha".

Yeah obviously the next two games moron. LSU is guaranteed two more games this year.

Les Miles is the coach we all wish Jim Grobe would be in the 4th quarter of games.

"If" UGA beats LSU in a close game, then what?

LSU likely only falls to #2 or #3 in the polls, and with their huge strength of schedule, they very well likely STILL finish #1 or #2 in the BCS with Alabama.

So what happens? Two BCS rules would be in direct contradiction with each other. Because UGA would HAVE to go to a BCS game, then the either LSU OR Alabama (not both) could be the SEC's at large team. However, the BCS rule says #1 and #2 in their formula go to the BCSNCG.

If that happens, I just don't see how you could justify taking Alabama over LSU, even if LSU loses to UGA. LSU would have defeated every common opponent with Alabama by an equal or greater margin, would have blown out two quality nonconference teams (Oregon and West Va) and would have defeated Alabama head to head on the road. In fact, the ONLY reason LSU would have a loss would be BECAUSE they beat Alabama.

All 3 could play.

LSU/Bama and Georgia would play in the Sugar Bowl.

You are correct.

From the BCS website:
"No more than two teams from a conference may be selected, regardless of whether they are automatic qualifiers or at-large selections, unless two non-champions from the same conference are ranked No. 1 and No. 2 in the final BCS Standings."

This is such a bad system. Two teams can play for a national championship, neither of which would have won their conference championship. Makes no sense to me.

Back