• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SEC Championship Game/BCS Play In Game v2.0

TD Hogs.

Looking like we're going to have a ballgame

Congrats to Arkansas for doing something Bama couldn't do.

If Arkansas wins there are going to be interesting arguments about who should be #1.

LSU is holding so much on pass plays. It's not even hard to call, what is the head ref looking at?

HELL YEAH LET'S GO BCS CHAOS.

Just need Auburn to beat Bama...could we then see an LSU-Arkansas rematch?

If Arkansas wins there are going to be interesting arguments about who should be #1.

There will be, but late season results are (and should be) weighed more heavily. If Arkansas rolls into Death Valley and wins, they should be #1. Alabama can raise a stink about how they whupped Arkansas 2 months ago, but I still can't get over the fact that they couldn't score a TD at home in their shot against #1.

Jordan Jefferson crapping his pants on national TV

Arkansas wins today.
Bama loses tomorrow.
UGA wins the SEC championship.

Now that would be interesting.

Arkansas wins today.
Bama loses tomorrow.
UGA wins the SEC championship.

Now that would be interesting.

LSU-Okie State? I'd think Arkansas would still have to be in the mix though because their only two losses would be to the SEC Champion and another top 10 team. If you don't win your conference you shouldn't go to the title game IMO, I know other people disagree with that though.

Alabama's just pulling for LSU to win or Arkansas to convincingly win I would have to think. Bama has no interest in being #1 at all and why should they when it would make them have to win another game instead of just tomorrow in the Iron Bowl?

LSU-Okie State? I'd think Arkansas would still have to be in the mix though because their only two losses would be to the SEC Champion and another top 10 team. If you don't win your conference you shouldn't go to the title game IMO, I know other people disagree with that though.

Throw in an Okie St loss to OU to make things extra interesting.

At that point VT is a serious candidate.

SEC continues to play the most interesting game of the year on the day after Thanksgiving.

Also, Clemson fans should probably be pretty pissed off that the lost to State at this point.

Throw in an Okie St loss to OU to make things extra interesting.

At that point VT is a serious candidate.

What if VT loses to UVA or Clemson though with an Okie St. loss to OU.

All these things are entirely reasonable.

At what point does UGA come into the mix if they beat Tech and then the SEC West winner...never?

When does Boise come back into the mix? I guess these teams all need Stanford to lose at home to ND though

At what point does UGA come into the mix if they beat Tech and then the SEC West winner...never?

When does Boise come back into the mix?

Never because Boise isn't even going to win their shit conference.

Never because Boise isn't even going to win their shit conference.

I agree they shouldn't be in the mix, but that doesn't change the actual numbers of the BCS. They don't lose points next week if everyone else in front of them loses just because they didn't win the MWC.

When does Boise come back into the mix? I guess these teams all need Stanford to lose at home to ND though

UGA is too far back to be in the mix under any scenario. They are young, and the next 2 years will likely see them as a fixture near the top of the BCS.

Boise St could creep back in.

If we end up with a bunch of 2 loss teams, and an undefeated LSU, Houston might as well get a shot if they are still undefeated.

Back