• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Second Dem Saturday debate, going up against the NFL and opening weekend of Star Wars

A tenth viewer?
If viewership is the issue then we should just name Kim Kardashian our next president. You can hate Hillary Clinton with all the fibers of your being, that doesn't change the fact that your party is going to coronate a egomaniacal reality tv show buffoon as it's "candidate". Tell me some more about how Hillary's email server issue should convince us to vote for Donald Trump.

Mike Judge already made a movie about a Trump presidency - Trump was a professional wrestler played by Terry Crews, and he ruined the country by watering the nations crops with Gatorade.

In what appreciable way?

If you like your legal gay marriage, you can keep it.

But seriously, if a Republican win the presidency the olds in the Supreme Court will be replaced by young ultra conservative justices who will be on the bench for the next 30+ years. If a Democrat wins the presidency, they'll be replaced by young center left justices who will be on the bench for the next 30+ years. That's a huge difference.

But seriously, if a Republican win the presidency the olds in the Supreme Court will be replaced by young ultra conservative justices who will be on the bench for the next 30+ years. If a Democrat wins the presidency, they'll be replaced by young center left justices who will be on the bench for the next 30+ years. That's a huge difference.

This speculation is the decisive issue? Goddamn fear mongering Republicans.

Yes, by all means equate "Republicans will choose conservative Supreme Court justices" with Republican fearmongering.

Just read about the Manhattan project comments and wanted to say that there is no magic bullet for cybersecurity, and true security will be even more elusive as we enter the quantum computer age.

Ah, so the Pubs appoint "ultra conservatives" and the Dems choose "center left". How balanced you are! The four left wing court members vote as a block every single time, while Kennedy (GOP appointee) swings back and forth and Roberts twice rewrote the ACA to save it. Not to mention that Souter was a GOP appointee.

If viewership is the issue then we should just name Kim Kardashian our next president. You can hate Hillary Clinton with all the fibers of your being, that doesn't change the fact that your party is going to coronate a egomaniacal reality tv show buffoon as it's "candidate". Tell me some more about how Hillary's email server issue should convince us to vote for Donald Trump.

There will come a time when you learn that dissent does not equal hatred. That time is apparently not here yet.

Ah, so the Pubs appoint "ultra conservatives" and the Dems choose "center left". How balanced you are! The four left wing court members vote as a block every single time, while Kennedy (GOP appointee) swings back and forth and Roberts twice rewrote the ACA to save it. Not to mention that Souter was a GOP appointee.

Kennedy and Souter are from a different era and similar judges would never get nominated by the GOP today.

Looking at current era nominees, Roberts has been an extremely reliable conservative (notwithstanding what the Republican Party would have you believe), and Alito is arguably the most reliable conservative vote on the court if you are defining conservative by what the Republican Party would want.

Sotomayor is probably the far left of the court (along with RGB), but I think describing Kagan as center-left is entirely appropriate

And I think most reasonable political observers would assume Hillary would not be as liberal in her nominations and there's little chance a truly liberal nominee gets through a Republican majority in Senate which is likely to still exist.

I'm assuming simos forgot those important tidbits about the process.

And I think most reasonable political observers would assume Hillary would not be as liberal in her nominations and there's little chance a truly liberal nominee gets through a Republican majority in Senate which is likely to still exist.

I'm assuming simos forgot those important tidbits about the process.

If she nominates BHnonDeac, will he recuse himself from considering the Constitutionality of the enforcement of his executive orders? I think the confirmation hearings would be must see bureaucracy.

Grrl Power! How Hillary Clinton is building an army of millennial women supporters
If you’re a woman of a certain age (say, 18-34), you may have noticed that Hillary Clinton has been spending a lot of time hanging out with members of your cohort: Uzo Aduba, Lena Dunham, Abbi and Ilana from Broad City – to name a few.

This fall, the Democratic frontrunner has gone full-on millennial female, talking about Planned Parenthood on Snapchat, race and The Good Wife on Buzzfeed’s Another Round podcast, Lady Gaga and Missy Elliot in Billboard, and feminism in Lena Dunham’s Lenny Letter. Dunham, who is a vocal Clinton supporter, recently announced that she will head to Iowa to campaign for Clinton in 2016.
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/20/hillary-clinton-campaign-millennial-women-voters-feminism

The picture with the article is too good.

Bernie is just so awesome. Hilldawg uncorks the super-poll tested "Everyone should like me! I'm just so darned likable! [unstated: so I'll have my plant DNC-chair hide these departments behind football, Star Wars and X-mas parties]"

Meanwhile, Bernie is all "Don't make me angry. Wall Street won't like when I'm angry." Do the right thing, Dems. Nominate someone who believes what he says.

Bernie is just so awesome. Hilldawg uncorks the super-poll tested "Everyone should like me! I'm just so darned likable! [unstated: so I'll have my plant DNC-chair hide these departments behind football, Star Wars and X-mas parties]"

Meanwhile, Bernie is all "Don't make me angry. Wall Street won't like when I'm angry." Do the right thing, Dems. Nominate someone who believes what he says.

Does Trump mean what he says?

yet republicans support him more that the others

Back