• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Second Dem Saturday debate, going up against the NFL and opening weekend of Star Wars

yet republicans support him more that the others

From what I understand, many of the poll responders favoring The Fat Jackass are neither registered Republicans nor likely voters. It may be a bit early to draw a lot of conclusions about his GOP following. At least I hope so .

We can revisit in a few months. I'll eat crow if wrong. Maybe you'll do the same.

I have never voted for a Democrat for President. Probably never will. But there is no way on God's green earth that I will ever cast a vote for Donald Trump for any elective office, much less President of the United States. It goes without saying that he is entirely untrustworthy and unfit to hold any public trust.

I'm having a hard time understanding why principled Democrats are going to hold their noses and support Hillary. She's "credentialed," I know, but she's an ethical trainwreck. Supreme Court appointments aren't a good enough reason to give the keys to the Democrats' Nixon.

This will be the 10th presidential election for me. Easily will be the worst choices I've ever had. I started voting John Anderson in 1980, guess I will go with Bernie in 2016.

I have never voted for a Democrat for President. Probably never will. But there is no way on God's green earth that I will ever cast a vote for Donald Trump for any elective office, much less President of the United States. It goes without saying that he is entirely untrustworthy and unfit to hold any public trust.

I'm having a hard time understanding why principled Democrats are going to hold their noses and support Hillary. She's "credentialed," I know, but she's an ethical trainwreck. Supreme Court appointments aren't a good enough reason to give the keys to the Democrats' Nixon.

Gary Johnson is a good guy and is a fiscal conservative. He's a good protest vote.

I'll also vote Gary Johnson in the scenario of Hillary vs. trump. I still don't think it will come to that.

It's not just "Supreme Court appointments" - although those alone are extremely important. It's about having veto power over the out-of-control Republican House and Senate

yet he's the leader of the "best group of candidates since reagan"

Collectively it is a strong group compared to its predecessors. Doesn't mean a bad apple can't be bobbing at the top. You libs are hoping Trump gets the nomination, and I don't blame you, because you know your gasbag shrew of a nominee is very beatable if the GOP picks the right one.

Collectively it is a strong group compared to its predecessors. Doesn't mean a bad apple can't be bobbing at the top. You libs are hoping Trump gets the nomination, and I don't blame you, because you know your gasbag shrew of a nominee is very beatable if the GOP picks the right one.

Which one is the "right one?"

Clinton doesn't, as of right now, appear to be very beatable by any of the GOP candidates. I think Republicans are vastly overestimating the appeal a Rubio or Cruz would have to a moderate voter. A Clinton nomination might depress the turnout slightly from Dems (particularly those on the far left) but almost every candidate from the GOP has at least one or two positions which are very extreme from the average voter (see Rubio's position on abortion).

Rubio is the only GOP candidate leading in a head to head comparison with Hilary as of today. Don't necessarily see his path to nomination, but even if he did get there, the EC votes just aren't there for the GOP for the foreseeable future.

Best candidate in GOP field just dropped out. Later Lindsey.

Back