• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Seems so long ago

Sig reinforces the same point I've made for years, the same point I'm supporting now and this is your response. I can only laugh. I will say again that I'm not sure it's necessarily a development piece as much as recruiting. I'm not sure how much development Zac Taylor got while being a 3rd stringer here before being a starter and quite good QB at Nebraska. I do know he must have had some nice talent that our staff saw. I'm looking forward to how our latest QB recruit is hyped up considering the last word on him is that he's the backup at Millbrook now.

Stop worrying about getting e-cred when it comes to this stuff. Who cares if somebody e-agrees with you or not?

Meanwhile, back to the thread topic "Seems So Long Ago", it was not to long ago that Wellman was trying to come up with ways to make sure Wake fans filled the majority of the seats instead of opposing fans, and the last few NCSU/UNC/Clemson home games appeared to be heading in the right direction. So this week the Raleigh sports radio station is playing and ad for tickets to Wake/NCSU, obviously aimed at State fans. All it gives is a phone # to call........ which is the Wake ticket office.

That and Grobe chose to abuse the college pass interference rules as blatantly as I've ever seen. He was willing to trade 15 yards over a completion to Megatron whenever he could. NFL PI rules would have totally changed the complexion of that game.

Mostly though, Patrick Nix was just a terrible offensive coordinator. That team had 2 NFL starters in the backfield (RB and FB), 2 more on the OL and Megatron. I could have QB'd that team to winning the ACC that season (and remember, GT pretty much crushed the ACC all season up until the ACCG - including a complete beat down of VT in Blacksburg).

Was Reggie Ball the worst 4 year starter in the history of college football?

Reggie Ball and the best punting/kicking game I've ever seen. I bet we lose that game 17 out of 20. A great win.

Damn fumbles (if they even were fumbles) in the Miami rain are what still piss me off.

Stop worrying about getting e-cred when it comes to this stuff. Who cares if somebody e-agrees with you or not?

People should always cite their sources.

It's not as much about e-cred as having a fanbase that doesn't wait so long to get it which delays the process of productive change. Fans like DC have retarded progress with blind loyalty and blind rage toward criticism. Reluctance to challenge the status quo is the worst characteristic of our fanbase and something that needs to change or we will just repeat it with whoever replaces Wellman, Bz, and Grobe.

People should always cite their sources.

It's not as much about e-cred as having a fanbase that doesn't wait so long to get it which delays the process of productive change. Fans like DC have retarded progress with blind loyalty and blind rage toward criticism. Reluctance to challenge the status quo is the worst characteristic of our fanbase and something that needs to change or we will just repeat it with whoever replaces Wellman, Bz, and Grobe.

so they should cite some post you made years ago? should we just catalogue everything everyone posts to be sure?

Reggie Ball and the best punting/kicking game I've ever seen. I bet we lose that game 17 out of 20. A great win.

Damn fumbles (if they even were fumbles) in the Miami rain are what still piss me off.

Usually Wake needs all the breaks to go their way to win, but vs. Miami (stupid decision to try an over-the-shoulder, inside the 10, rain coming down punt return) and BC (lollipop, underthrown ball for game-sealng interception and instead our guy trips over the chalk line and yields a game-losing TD) , we literally gave away a return trip to the ACCCG.

[/B]

Usually Wake needs all the breaks to go their way to win, but vs. Miami (stupid decision to try an over-the-shoulder, inside the 10, rain coming down punt return) and BC (lollipop, underthrown ball for game-sealng interception and instead our guy trips over the chalk line and yields a game-losing TD) , we literally gave away a return trip to the ACCCG.

He's talking about the Orange Bowl.

Back