• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Senator Bob Menendez (NJ) charged with bribery

But Trump and Hunter aren't actively serving in congress.
But Trump is running for president and Hunter is actively serving as his son.

In general, I can understand being someone hesitant about Menendez given that already got off once and was re-elected afterward. But Dems need to step up.

17 Dem senators and counting calling for Menendez to resign. Expected to grow over the course of the day - by the time it’s over, will probably be more interesting to see who isn’t calling for resignation than who is (e.g., Schumer).

17 Dem senators and counting calling for Menendez to resign. Expected to grow over the course of the day - by the time it’s over, will probably be more interesting to see who isn’t calling for resignation than who is (e.g., Schumer).
saw that all of the Dem senators in red/swing states up for reelection next year have called on his resignation...except for Sinema and Manchin obvi

He's going to hang on to the seat in an effort to use it is a bargaining chip in a plea deal. Spiro Agnew style. Btw, there is a great podcast about Agnew, called Bag Man. It is done by Rachel Maddow but she is not obnoxious in it.

He's up for re-election in 2024. The primary is June 4. Not sure how much bargaining power he has left.

He's up for re-election in 2024. The primary is June 4. Not sure how much bargaining power he has left.
Better than nothing from his vantage point. He should absolutely resign, but if he's staring down the US Attorney's Office from the SDNY, he is going to hold on to whatever card he has.

NJ first lady Tammy Murphy is considering running for Menendez' seat. Could add some drama if Menendez steps down.

The google search history and him singing a song from the showman to propose to his wife while traveling in India are my two favorite parts so far.

I guess I missed Reff's new thread about Trump being held liable for fraud in NY. Just like I missed his thread on Trump being held liable for raping Carroll.

It is demoralizing when people on one side at least try to do the right thing, and people on the other side never do, but at least it requires morals to be demoralized.

He's going to hang on to the seat in an effort to use it is a bargaining chip in a plea deal. Spiro Agnew style. Btw, there is a great podcast about Agnew, called Bag Man. It is done by Rachel Maddow but she is not obnoxious in it.
Interesting fact that I learned from reading Dave Berry in middle school: and anagram of Spiro Agnew is Grow a Penis.

Democrats needs to distance themselves from this idiot to any extent possible.

Fetterman has called for his expulsion

Saw another senator...can't remember who...post the same words almost verbatim that Fetterman tweeted. Hoping that means it's coordinated messaging.

Back