• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Senator Collins[R-ME] announces FOR Kavanaugh

He swung left on a few votes. That’s it.

Great speech with all the facts laid out. No corroborating evidence. Great judge.

McCarthyism has come full circle. Listening to them wailing since Collins’ speech..listening to their unhinged anger and complete loss of propriety in the face of FACTS. They have lost their moorings.

God bless Lindsey Graham and Susan Collins for having the courage to stand up against the mob which wanted to lynch an innocent man.

Mayella didn't prevail against Tom Robinson this time.

Looking for someone that sells variable annuities, someone I know wants to get fleeced. Got any suggestions?

God bless Lindsey Graham and Susan Collins for having the courage to stand up against the mob which wanted to lynch an innocent man.

Mayella didn't prevail against Tom Robinson this time.

Given your racial views expressed on this board, bob, lynch may not have been the best word choice here. Just saying.

Given your racial views expressed on this board, bob, lynch may not have been the best word choice here. Just saying.

BKF is back? Under a new name? What a winner. So brave.

Civility is over. Punch all these fuckers in the face. And their supporters can all get fucked.

Why are folks so mad at Collins? She's a Republican. It was in her interest to confirm Kavanaugh.

Jeff Flake is a fucking coward. I hope that his conduct burns enough bridges with Republicans that he misses out on that consulting/lobbying cash.

Manchin - and every moderate, blue dog Democrat - can fuck right off.

Why are folks so mad at Collins? She's a Republican. It was in her interest to confirm Kavanaugh.

Jeff Flake is a fucking coward. I hope that his conduct burns enough bridges with Republicans that he misses out on that consulting/lobbying cash.

People are angry the way she did this whole charade about being on the fence

BKF is back? Under a new name? What a winner. So brave.

Somebody said that he's already been banned again, so his glorious return may have been a brief one. I'm sure there's another username associated with Wake in the 60s or 70s he can think of, though, so I'm sure he'll be back.

^This. I think that none of these "undecideds" were ever really undecided. They knew how they would vote, and were just looking for cover. The FBI investigation gave it to them. The whole pained and agonized faces charade of Flake and Collins was just for show, and her floor speech was a model of hypocrisy.

It's good television and Democrats enable that shit. They have enabled that shit since the day that Trump won. We enable that shit on the boards by signal boosting Twitter celebrities who produce stupid takes that just feed into the media storm that Trump is intentionally creating and thriving alongside.

There was a great piece on NPR while I was driving this afternoon from a reporter who was shadowing Flake over the last few weeks and it was clear from the reporting that the dude knew he would vote to confirm Kavanaugh, but was upset about the optics and how people would think of him if he did.

Fool me for the 1000000th time, shame on me.

It's good television and Democrats enable that shit. They have enabled that shit since the day that Trump won. We enable that shit on the boards by signal boosting Twitter celebrities who produce stupid takes that just feed into the media storm that Trump is intentionally creating and thriving alongside.

There was a great piece on NPR while I was driving this afternoon from a reporter who was shadowing Flake over the last few weeks and it was clear from the reporting that the dude knew he would vote to confirm Kavanaugh, but was upset about the optics and how people would think of him if he did.

Fool me for the 1000000th time, shame on me.

People pay attention to politics.

Flake is a Republican too, and to be honest, BK represents him way more than his president. I think he has probably burned too many bridges to cash in at this point, but we knew that BK was going to be confirmed unless the FBI investigation found a smoking gun. Democrats gave Republicans cover to vote for BK by demanding the FBI investigation. That became the litmus test, and the FBI wasn't going to find anything, so it was an easy out for anyone concerned about the optics. Democrats were significantly out-maneuvered on this one.

Without the FBI investigation he would have been confirmed last week.

Back