• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Serena Williams

I would like to hear the argument for anyone else. I'm sure rj would throw out a discus tosser from the 1973 UC-Davis track team.

I didn't know UC-Davis existed in 1973.

Babe Zaharias is in Serena's class as an athlete. In addition to golf, she was an Olympian.

Serena in five years.

V0915_OITNB-S2_BusShelter_67x45_5_Cemusa_NY_Vee.jpg

on of the very short list for most classless and racist posts this board has yet seen.

Well, the 3 women with more tennis majors might be a good place to start...just saying.

Also, Babe Zaharias......

Then look at the LPGA ......

The woman with the most, Margaret Court won 24 in the 1960s and early 1970s, dominated when very few women played sports, and dominating then is not even close to dominating now. She was a great player, but in a more competitive age, there is no way Court would have won more grand slam titles with Serena. Steffi Graf is 2nd in grand slam titles with 22. She was an amazing athlete, and a legit argument could be made that she should still be considered a more dominant player (and athlete) than Serena. I don't think Serena is done yet, but I don't see her getting 4+ more GS titles to tie or pass Graf.

The woman with the most, Margaret Court won 24 in the 1960s and early 1970s, dominated when very few women played sports, and dominating then is not even close to dominating now. She was a great player, but in a more competitive age, there is no way Court would have won more grand slam titles with Serena. Steffi Graf is 2nd in grand slam titles with 22. She was an amazing athlete, and a legit argument could be made that she should still be considered a more dominant player (and athlete) than Serena. I don't think Serena is done yet, but I don't see her getting 4+ more GS titles to tie or pass Graf.

I disagree. Even though Serena is 33, she still the most dominant woman's player in the game today. I don't see her winning French again, she might eek out another Wimbledon but she's tough to beat on the hard courts and that's two slams a year.

Looks like she took a couple xanax bars and lost her focus.

Disagree.

Back