• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Serena Williams

My guess would be vertigo.

It happens occasionally to me... sometimes you can fight through it, but often you don't realize how unstable you are.

1x04_Key_Decisions_(49).png

My guess would be vertigo.

It happens occasionally to me... sometimes you can fight through it, but often you don't realize how unstable you are.

But she doesn't look unable to stand up in that video. On the few occasions that I've suffered from vertigo I was completely unable to stand.

Not going to start a Wimbledon thread, but Rafa just lost.

And quite a stage she had too. See this is why I lost the other day, I was sick. Sorry, just not buying it. I have never seen anyone act like that with a stomach virus.

While I completely agree with you, they didn't specify "viral illness". Viral meningitis could certainly cause that behavior.

To an unknown player. That has become common now for him at Wimbledon.

[video]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/99FEB9AA881095795295570235392_2e0675fb9a9.0.4.1809 1611582099465414.mp4?versionId=bGfEE_Vp0mK3l.p78ui znCVRp0mzcZxj[/video]

Last edited:
I'm an old and don't know how to make the vine show up, but the dude who beat nadal hit a between the legs winner like a boss.

But she doesn't look unable to stand up in that video. On the few occasions that I've suffered from vertigo I was completely unable to stand.

Vertigo is a catchall term. There are lots of different kinds.

Vestibular issues were the first thing I thought of seeing Serena. There are definitely some viral illnesses that can destroy some of otoconia and hair cells in the inner ear leading to vestibular problems.

First teenager to beat world #1 since Nadal beat Federer at 2005 French Open

I met and briefly played with Nick Kyrgios (dude who just beat Nadal) this year at the Memphis tournament during the pro-am. Virtually every pro participating in it (including the Bryans) were just going through the motions and doing the absolute minimum to fulfill whatever obligation they had to be there. Except Kyrgios. He was the only one who looked and behaved like he enjoyed it. He put on a show for people watching and was very engaging and interactive with everyone there. He was extremely gracious with his time, energy and effort for those two hours. While I do like Nadal, I'm ok with Kyrgios beating him. From a very limited experience he seemed like a really good, genuine person.

I met and briefly played with Nick Kyrgios (dude who just beat Nadal) this year at the Memphis tournament during the pro-am. Virtually every pro participating in it (including the Bryans) were just going through the motions and doing the absolute minimum to fulfill whatever obligation they had to be there. Except Kyrgios. He was the only one who looked and behaved like he enjoyed it. He put on a show for people watching and was very engaging and interactive with everyone there. He was extremely gracious with his time, energy and effort for those two hours. While I do like Nadal, I'm ok with Kyrgios beating him. From a very limited experience he seemed like a really good, genuine person.

I use to go to that tournament when I lived in Memphis - National Indoor Tournament or something like that. I remember Jimmy Connors playing Gene Mayer (used two handed form for both backhand and forehands - very unique for the time) in the finals. Mayer got a bad call and just went through the motions - if he had to move more than two steps in any direction, he just watched the ball go by. Terrible to watch. As is Connors' wife, the formerly gorgeous Playboy cover girl and Playmate Patti McGuire - the latest to suffer from too much plastic surgery gone bad...

I had vertigo from a virus once at work. Did not know left from right, was not sure what side of the hall I was on or how to get from my desk to my office door. Was driven home and had a 104 degree fever. Next day tired but ok. Viruses are mean fuckers.

Well, the 3 women with more tennis majors might be a good place to start...just saying.

Also, Babe Zaharias......

Then look at the LPGA ......

Back